Show-off Your Bettas Here!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Jamie, bass is a she.
My otos are mostly the same color as bass' otos as well. you can see one of mine in the first pic of my female dragon plakat in the first post of this thread.

I also recently got a new addition to my Betta population :D
I'll post up a pic of Silver (his new name) once he colors up and the rips in his tail regrow.
Also I've named my female dragon plakat Angel, and my Male dragon is now named Flash.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Okay, guys...that's not an oto! LOL! My otos are in the 46gal. That pic is of my 10gal nursery tank. I have two preggo female guppies, six guppy fry and three female bettas in that tank. The female bettas are in that tank because they didn't do well with the male guppies in the 46gal. The two fish other than the female betta in that pic are guppy fry who are healthy, happy and energetic. That pic is one of the few times I've seen them "sit still," so to speak.

Oh, and thanks, Newman, for the he/she save! Sadly, I have been called "sir" more times than I care to remember (mostly by people on the phone because my voice is deeper than most girls...I sing tenor, sometimes baritone if I'm sick).

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Ahh! I thought you were talking about the pic of Alice getting eaten by the dinosaur! Sorry! Yeah, no, there's nothing wrong with the oto, he was just doing his impersonation of a rock! lol

Hyunelan, that's one pretty little girl! Is she a light steel?

Dec 14, 2009
England
they look amazing !! im so sad in uk we dont get any bettas with more than one colour ! we only get red or blue.. and sometimes we get lucky and get some females which have different colours ( i got ruby my crimson & violet female.) im sooo annoyed that we dont have amazingly beautiful males like you have !!! i cant describe how annoyed i am !!!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
That's unfortunate :(, but the plakat pair I have were not found in local pet stores lol. there's no way you would find anything like those plakats if you go looking in reg LFS. Those two were imported from Thailand (I bought them off an online auction)

Silver however was purchased from a local Petco, can you believe that :D

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Dang, Newman! Those are some pretty sweet bettas... It's making me want to set up all my small tanks again just for more of them... but... I... must... refrain!
I went to PetCo this past weekend to get a new dog of mine some stuff, and I saw some BEAUTIFUL female bettas. One was white with purpleish fins, and the other one was white with burgandy fins.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
that was a risk i had to take, for such awesome bettas :p
Those sound cool, emannuel! I likewise must refrain from getting more..i gotta focus on multiplying the ones I already have ;P

@ Rasbora: a Mustard Gas?