Show-off Your Bettas Here!

Apr 14, 2008
LOL!

My mom wants me to keep him sooooooooo bad...even suggested I put him in the 55 and I said I would IF she would let me sell the paradise fish & angelfish and euthanize the struggling no-eye Gold Wonder Killifish. :(

For now...he can stay in his bowl...I have some extra Anacharis & E. Tenellus/Dwarf Sag...so I'll try to keep him happy. My friend has had him for about 2 years now...yet, he's still smaller then Pumpkin! lol

And if you lived closer, I would give you him AND my extra, tempting, 29gal!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Okay, see, now that's just "evil"!! lol My parents think I'm crazy enough with the 46gal, the (now) two 10gals, the 5gal and the three smaller tanks...they'd think I was even crazier if I got another "big" tank. Although, the people I got the second 10gal from have a 50gal long that I want SO bad! If I had a place for it, I would work out a deal with them for it (they want at least one baby from my CT breeding if it works...they used to breed/show bettas many moons ago). I have all these visions of what the 50gal could look like, especially with my females and now the platies...makes me wanna cry 'cuz I can't have it. :(

Apr 14, 2008
OK! What is up with my computer tonight!? "Acer eNet Management, shows the Internet Connection is lost or local only"...It's doing that every minute or so and I've already restarted it. I'm going to send it back to acer and tell them where to shove [I mean how to fix] it! ROFL

Anyways...my mom seems OK and not freaking out about all my tanks[except the SW's which she is freaking about thinking they will crash]...but she found 3 more Columbian Tetras who jumped from the new 125 so I'm down to 7 Tetras...What is up with them!? Everyone else is OK! Needless to say...she's upset that 40$ is gone from buying the 20 of them!

The betta is looking at me telling me to close the laptop and go to bed since it's close to 3 in the morning! He'll learn... LOL

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I have a betta sitting on the top of my desk (it's an old roll-top desk). When I first put him there, he'd give me that look like "Woman, go to freakin' bed!" but now he just hides behind his plant and pretends that I'm not there. :p

I'm *really* thinking about that 50gal long. I'm hopefully going to be moving up to WA state after I graduate from college next year and I'm wondering if I could take it with and get it all set up when I get up there. I saw the same tank in Petsmart today when we got the platies and it cost something like $200. I found one online for $170. 50 Gallon BLACK TANK (36 x 18 x 18) - CheapPetProducts.Net Gonna have to talk to the people and see what we can work out.

I love my laptop. It's an HP Special Edition L2000 (the LiveStrong/Lance Armstrong laptop). I've had it for almost four years and it still runs great. I bought it as a refurb off Amazon for $825 including shipping...if I had bought it new, it would have cost me almost $2000. :D It does need a new battery, though. Mine is just about shot (only have about 30-40 minutes of battery life if it's unplugged).

Apr 14, 2008
I love my laptop too, but it's crazy! System sounds don't come through the headphones...but rather, the front speakers...at night, one time...it was updating and keeping beeping and bling-ing. lol, so I set it outside my door and shut my door! ROFL

It's got a few problems tho. :(

Left touchpad button is messed up
Webcam Doesn't work, but shows up as a Malfunctioning USB Device
if "FN" and "Num Lock" are pressed then my computer types all these starnge characters! [Ex: -3015*], yes I only pressed "M"! LOL
Memory is only 1GB
HD is only 100GB
Vista instead of 7

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
My newest girl (who only survived the holocaust of my other females because she was still in her little cup, waiting to be transferred to her own little 1.5gal so she could be conditioned for breeding to my CT male). Meet Alice!

And her soon-to-be mate, Al:

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
those are nice!
I really like Alice's tank! Looks so simple and peaceful in the first shot :)
Hehe! It's just a little 1.5gal hex like Liam's and Garrett's. In fact, it IS Garrett's tank. He got kicked out to make room for Alice (I couldn't find my third little hex or else he'd still have his nice little home...very irritating). I stole the flourescent bulb from Al's tank (since he's "establishing his territory in the breeding tank) and put it in Alice's tank since the bulb on her tank burned out. Imma havin' issues today!

This is the type of tank she's in (that pic cut off the top, but that's Liam's tank).

Attachments

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
Here's the pic of Jasmine I promised :):)
I'm sorry the outside of the tank is so dirty! I hate those stupid water marks@ (they're on everything, glass, cars, it drives me insane)
Does anyone have any tips on how to get those off and keep them off? Each time i wipe them off, more come in streaks and it looks worse than before -.-

EDIT: Also....I JUST realized that she's the one in my avatar XD bu she looks deformed there..which she totally isn't!

Attachments

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Here's the pic of Jasmine I promised :):)
I'm sorry the outside of the tank is so dirty! I hate those stupid water marks@ (they're on everything, glass, cars, it drives me insane)
Does anyone have any tips on how to get those off and keep them off? Each time i wipe them off, more come in streaks and it looks worse than before -.-

EDIT: Also....I JUST realized that she's the one in my avatar XD bu she looks deformed there..which she totally isn't!
For water spots I use Windex glass cleaning wipes. Actually, they aren't even Windex, they're the cheap dollar store knock-off. But they work really well. Just make sure not to get them near the water...and wash your hands after you use them.

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
No-name Windex wipes and/or vinegar
Got it :)
Lots of the times, the windex stuff leaves streaks too....No idea...
And you don't have to wash off the vinegar? That makes things easier!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Here's my newest male. His name is Alec. He was a TOTAL impulse buy, but since they had him marked at the same price as the VTs at Petsmart, I couldn't resist!

Don't really have any decent pics of the newest female (trying to slowly re-establish my sorority). She's a cute little medium steel blue VT.
But, just because I LOVE this pic, here's Alice getting "eaten" by the dinosaur! Actually, she was telling Esme (the new female) to come out and see me 'cuz I was taking pics, but they thought it was feeding time. :p