bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Yeah, but my tigers are an exception. I got them when they were tiny (about 3/4") and they were raised in a tank with a full-grown opaline gourami who wouldn't put up with their crap. So, now they're afraid of everything. My peppered cories love to dart into the middle of the school and make the tigers scatter.

Also, there's no "IF" my clown loach gets that big. It's a "WHEN" your clown loach gets that big. There's no way to stop it from reaching that size short of putting it into too small of a tank and stunting its growth (which EXTREMELY painful and shortens the life of the fish considerably).

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Yes, they are. If you look at the temperature range for danios, it is identical to goldfish, which is about 66F-73F. Most tropical fish do not tolerate temperatures under 76-78F very well at all. If you look at my signature and research the fish in my 46gal, you'll notice that they are all coldwater species (and if I had room, I'd have a few dojo loaches in there as well).

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
Wow, I had no idea. This site doesn't have a temperature range for them so I guess I assumed they were tropical. Bad fish keeping on my part. :/

prsturm

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2010
I want to set up a saltwater tank but I don't know where the coral comes from, and if it is harvested out of the wild, I don't want no part in it.

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'd like a saltwater tank too, but I don't want to pay for it. I'm also having a hard enough time keeping up with how not to kill freshwater fish. Adding saltwater to the mix would confuse the hell out of me.

My Glofish are kept at between 78-80. I wish I could cool the tank down a bit.
Edit: With the cooler weather the tank is down to about 76-77.

Aug 13, 2010
Sicklerville, NJ
I want a new light for my 4 ft 55 Gallon, but do not want to spend more then $125, I also want to set up my 56 Column tank and move 3 or Discus in to that tank, making my 55 planted for Angel fish. I though by now my platys would have given birth; it's been like 5 weeks! I should probably rehome that Pleco I adopted 2 weeks ago, he is like 11 inches in a 30 gallon tank! I really like my LFS, the owner John is very down to earth and a great help! I could co on and on, but I should get back to work!

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Do you have a heater in the tank? I don't have one in my coldwater tank, but I'll be adding a small one come winter (my house gets into the low 60s in winter).
I took the heater out of that tank. I'm sure it'll never get to the temperature that it's supposed to get for danios, so there's really little to no use. I have it if something goes wrong in the winter, but it's not installed right now. That one's all the way down to 77.7F today. I could also pop it over to the 29 gal if that thing ever starts getting cold. And if I need a bigger one I can just swing by the LFS. They're about a mile or two down the road.

Yeah, I know. I'm playing fast and loose with my fishies lives. Sue me. I just don't see the point in buying something to heat the tank if I can't even get the ambient temperature down to their optimum levels.