Obama Concerning the 2nd Ammendment

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
If you were to bring the bottom 15%, income wise, up to be even with the 15% above them, wouldn't you now have 30% at poverty level? It is all relitive. Poverty will always be the lowest earning people. So if half of the country is making the same amount, half the country is in poverty.??. If company owners have to pay their minimum wage $7.50 instead of $5.75, then they will raise prices to cover that. And the people that have worked there for 3years that are just now making $7.50, will not get a raise. So now they are all making the same, weather you've worked there for 2 yrs or 2 months. Plus eggs, milk, bread, and everything else will go up to cover the new payroll. So nowthe people making $7.50 cannot afford those items.
It sounds so good to give the poor more money, but all you do is create more poor. If you think the middle class is going away now, just wait. It scares the poop out of me. We need education, not money. "Give me a fish and I can eat for a day, Teach me to fish and I can eat forever." Right now in Georgia, if you graduate high school with a 3.0 or higher, the Georgia Lottery will pay for you undergrad. As long as it is a state school, you are covered. Why would that be so hard? You are now giving everyone that is willing to study hard a chance at a degree.

Sorry, I had to vent.

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
Tn does the same as georgia... Accept it's not your 3.0, you just have to make a relatively good grade on your ACT. You get a lottery scolarship. Pretty nice.

I like Obama... This is what I have to say about his experience:

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I do take some offense to that photo in the context used. Try it again in 4 or 8 years, then we'll talk.

Here's the way I see things: On one hand you got a guy who knows how to run a government and screw the people, on the other hand one who wants to learn to so the same. We the people are screwed either way.

I agree that it's pretty sad that this is the best the country can muster for Presidential candidates though.

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
I'm not sure why you find offense in it. It's right. Don't take into consideration what he DID, but what he was before.

Tidbit from Wikipedia (I know, not great source but hey... On something such as Abe Lincoln, something that you can go to your local library about and find this crap easy, I'm not worried about it):
Lincoln began his political career in 1832, at age 23, with an unsuccessful campaign for the Illinois General Assembly, as a member of the Whig Party. The centerpiece of his platform was the undertaking of navigational improvements on the Sangamon River. He believed that this would attract steamboat traffic, which would allow the sparsely populated, poorer areas along the river to flourish.
He was elected captain of an Illinois militia company drawn from New Salem during the Black Hawk War, and later wrote that he had not had "any such success in life which gave him so much satisfaction."[18][19]
For several months, Lincoln ran a small store in New Salem. In 1834, he won election to the state legislature, and, after coming across the Commentaries on the Laws of England, began to teach himself law. Admitted to the bar in 1837, he moved to Springfield, Illinois, that same year and began to practice law with John T. Stuart. With a reputation as a formidable adversary during cross-examinations and in his closing arguments, Lincoln became an able and successful lawyer.[20]
He served four successive terms in the Illinois House of Representatives as a representative from Sangamon County, and became a leader of the Illinois Whig party. In 1837, he made his first protest against slavery in the Illinois House, stating that the institution was "founded on both injustice and bad policy."[21] It was also in this same year that Lincoln met Joshua Fry Speed, who would become a close friend.
Lincoln wrote a series of anonymous letters, published in 1842 in the Sangamon Journal, mocking State Auditor and prominent Democrat James Shields. Two years later, Lincoln entered law practice with William Herndon, a fellow Whig. In 1854, both men joined the fledgling Republican Party. Following Lincoln's death, Herndon began collecting stories about Lincoln and published them in Herndon's Lincoln.

And a link that explains a bit more, it's a blog I know...: The Abraham Lincoln Blog: Does Experience Lead To Presidential Greatness?

Anyhow, Not sure how it's 'offensive'. There is nothing 'bashing' to our Sixteenth president in it, nor is there bashing to any side. Just a simple fact.

Edit: Don't forget Kennedy.
I personally find it foolish to look over Obama just because he has little to no experience. Experience means nothing in our current society, though we make it out to mean everything. It's just another way to push people down, and say that they can't do anything.

Try getting a job now a-days, even with a deploma and everything... You won't get anything without 'experience'. One can't get this experience without the job itself... Herein lies the idiocy...

Last edited:

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Well I'm not reading all though that. I don't care who it was comparing him too (Thing #1 or Thing #2), but there have been very few and far between that should even have the honor to be compared to President Lincoln. And to make the assumption that any candidate from anywhere that hasn't even served yet should be, is dishonorable IMHO.

I'll come right out and say it just to be clear. My issue with that has nothing to do with Obama or McCain or the monkey in the cape. And it's my issue and opinion, not yours obviously. I'm just going to keep my head down till next time and hope we get some better options.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Obama is going to be spreading money much further down the food chain than the level I am at, and since I am not too far up the chain, that bothers me big time. I make what most would consider a considerable amount of money for a single person, and Obama is definitely going to want to take more of it for the people who he sees as "have nots". I'll just have to be much smarter from now on about getting more of it back at the end of the year if you catch my drift...:)
That's OK, McCain will take your money and give it to those higher up on the chain :)

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
IMO Mike huckabee should have been president. He is like Ragean all over again.
Hey, I voted for Mike already. Too bad he didn't make it to the November election.

As far as the 30% chance of dying that's nonsense. Anyone could die any day; you never know when it's your time. McCain could live to be 100. Heck, I nearly killed a woman Tuesday night. Long, tragic story, so don't ask.

We need a strong leader...we need some one with morals...we need some one with integrity.

That's why I'm voting for Bill the Cat. Acccckk!!!

Huckabee would never win a national election because his appeal is to a very narrow secment of society. He is far to conservative to win. I think the only Republican who could have beaten Obama was Romney, but that's without knowing what would have come out during the General Election.

Furthermore, Huckabee's appeal was to conservatives for his supposed strict adherance to conservative values, which do not work in the real world, as evidenced by Bush's turn-around once in office. Strict-conservatism would flatten this country really fast, just as strict-liberalism will once Obama is president.

Really? Obama was labeled the most liberal senator in 2007 (now realize that MOST means he beat out even Ted Kennedy!), and has been near the top every year he has been in the senate! If you think Obama is centrist, I'd really love to hear what leads you to that conclusion since even Democrats acknowledge how far-left he leans.

Here is 2006's ranking, notice the group which decided this rank:

The 2006 rankings from Americans for Democratic Action listed Obama and 10 other senators with a “Liberal Quotent” of 95%.