Obama Concerning the 2nd Ammendment

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I am not buying anything that individual is selling.

If he is what the democratic party is selling as there best chance then obviously the democratic party needs to be shut down and eliminated.

McCarthy was right.

lol... I always found it funny how people can't talk politics without saying stupid stuff. I consider politics one of my strongest knowledge topics, and I can go hours with other knowledgeable people without any "flaming" so to speak, and I don't mean those I agree with. It seems to be the people who don't actually know what they are talking about and argue emotion who ruin most political conversations..

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
For the most part, I can't stand democrats. They are nothing but puppets. However, every now and then, a candidate will come along that is worthy of presidential nomination. Obama is NOT it. Bill Clinton was though. If the worst he ever did was mishandle a cigar, I'm ok with that. I'd re-elect him--he knew how to make friends! While my pulse doesn't exactly increase when considering McCain, I do feel he's the lesser of two evils. How discouraging is that to say? Good lord, is this the best we have to offer? For all of you inspiring mothers, raise your children to become presidential candidates, and give them a brain that knows how to operate on its own.

Obama is too inexperienced at leadership to be president, although he will be soon unfortunately. Even though I am a Libertarian, and not a McCain supporter, I laugh every time I hear Obama or Biden say Palin is not experienced enough to lead the nation. Obama has never been the LEADER of anything, he is a senator. Senator is not an executive position, at least not the last time I checked. And to top it off, he has only held that position for 3 1/2 years! What experience does he have? Palin has held two executive positions: Mayor and Governor. I just find it a shame that someone with nothing other than eloquent (although rigid) speech and many of the factors which appeal only to young people and celebrities will be our next president.

Well, my guns are secure (since I'm a cop), so the only thing I have to worry about with Obama is his taking more of my money, which as far as I am concerned is a forgone conclusion no matter what he says. Here's to at least 4 years of re-distributed wealth, because this election is over as far as I am concerned...

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
For the most part, I can't stand democrats. They are nothing but puppets. However, every now and then, a candidate will come along that is worthy of presidential nomination. Obama is NOT it. Bill Clinton was though. If the worst he ever did was mishandle a cigar, I'm ok with that. While my pulse doesn't exactly increase when considering McCain, I do feel he's the lesser of two evils.
Sums up my thoughts extremely well.

I laugh every time I hear Obama or Biden say Palin is not experienced enough to lead the nation. Obama has never been the LEADER of anything, he is a senator. Senator is not an executive position, at least not the last time I checked. And to top it off, he has only held that position for 3 1/2 years! What experience does he have? Palin has held two executive positions: Mayor and Governor. I just find it a shame that someone with nothing other than eloquent (although rigid) speech and many of the factors which appeal only to young people and celebrities will be our next president.
Exactly! Palin has more experience that people want to give her credit for. As for your last statement you have hit the nail on the head. Why should we, as Americans, base our decision to vote on the opinions of celebrities? Just take a good look at a random selection. Going through life in a haze of drugs and alcohol, in and out of rehab, questionable morales, hugging trees, etc etc; does that deserve our respect? Americans are sheep these days, being led around from one popular fad to another, or being fooled into thinking one politician is better than another.

McCain may not be the man for the job, but Obama certainly is not

Just remember, the NSDAP used propaganda well, too.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Why should we, as Americans, base our decision to vote on the opinions of celebrities?
You shouldn't. Decisions on politicians should be based on policy.

I much prefer Obama's policies. He's been pretty clear on what they are. It took me much longer to work out what's McCain's policies are.

Concerning redistribution of wealth, Republican's prefer redistributing it from the middle class to the rich, hoping for a trickle-down effect. Democrats prefer redistributing it from the wealthy to the middle and lower classes, assuming that more money in more pockets will grow the economy. Redistribution of wealth is what government does.

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
anybody else see the two of them at some charity dinner tonight? pretty funny stuff. they ended up roasting each other.
McCain stole the show and Obama got boo'd. Did you see McCain on Letterman? It is a real shame that his personality waited until after the debates. He is a funny guy.
I think that Obama can relate to the common blue collar worker. That is most of his appeal. The problem to me is, he cannot relate to the higher on the food chain white collar workers. These are the people he has to be able to talk to, to make a change. After watching the dinner last night, I think he is out of his element with corporate America. Those are the guys that supply the jobs. If he cannot get along with them, the job market will shrink even more.

BTW, McCain was more relaxed at that dinner than I have ever seen him. I do not need someone to talk to me on my level. I need someone that can make changes on the TOP level.

Lotus, in a perfect world, you have a good point, but I have read too much about Obama's relationship with groups such as ACORN, which definitely do not have the middle class in mind with their policies... Obama is going to be spreading money much further down the food chain than the level I am at, and since I am not too far up the chain, that bothers me big time. I make what most would consider a considerable amount of money for a single person, and Obama is definitely going to want to take more of it for the people who he sees as "have nots". I'll just have to be much smarter from now on about getting more of it back at the end of the year if you catch my drift...:)