Kissy's 55g tank

Tiktok

Small Fish
Oct 10, 2008
Florida
Before:

After:

Last night I moved Weebo's tank out of my room and brought all the swordtails to Petco this morning. They are in the plant tanks if anyone wants them...:) Then I moved all the cories and otos into the 6.6g after I cleaned it and then started setting up the new guy!!! :D

So, here it is (it looks rather empty and I don't have nearly enough gravel in there.) And I left it backgroundless because I kinda like the color of my wall as the background...:eek:

I moved everything from the 20g into the 55g including the filter which is running atm. How long should I let it sit fishless? The only thing that doesn't have bacteria on it are the walls...so I shouldn't have much of a cycle at all right? I was planning to wait a week until I move the cories...any opinions?
Nice carpet, kissy

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Also, if I get GBRs, does it matter if they are both male or both female?
In a tank that size, I'm not sure it would really matter, it's big enough for them to have their own territories. Lol, do you really need more fish to do the hanky panky in your tanky wanky? *thumbsups How do you like them apples, TAL? :p

I may have had too much sugar recently. *twirlysmi

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Kissy - how tall is your 55?

If I'm going to be upgrading my 15 to possibly a 55, I need it to be at least 20" high, but preferrably 24".
I will only be doing so if I'm confident enough that I made an A on my Physics test on Friday though... *fingers crossed*

So, the update: I ordered a filter and some cartridges yesterday. I except those to be here around Wednesday. I'll probably just stick one of the current cartridges in the new pump so it gets cycled.

As for the plants, they all seem to be dieing; very, very slowly. :( I might go out and get some betta bulbs. They worked really well on my 20g last time.

As for fish, as soons as the filter gets settled in, I will find time to look at Pets Inc.'s fish. My plan is to get a rubberlip pleco or a school of otos and two GBRs. We'll see in which order I do that.

I just LOVE the postal service! They have PERFECT timing! They deliver my filter AFTER I clean the tank! Gaaaah!

So yeah, after I finished cleaning, I get the filter delivered. I immediately unpack it, cut the right size hole in the lid and am about to stick it all together when I notice I can't. There is a piece of plastic on the tank itself that keeps me from putting the filter in the same spot as the original one. So I have to move the filter to the left side of the tank. Then I discover that I'd have to move Weebo's empire to the left as well...but then I notice that it wouldn't even fit because the intake tube is so huge.

My solution? Put Weebo back in the 6.6g and have an entire 55g to stock.

And now the pump makes noises...for some reason the water is just shooting out of there instead of flowing so it's splashing a whole lot and the inside is making a crapload of noise as well. I'm assuming I just have to "break it in" as the directions state. I won't be sleeping in my room until it's quiet.

So yeah, now I get to redo the entire tank, which includes moving the bubble airstones/wand that I just buried, before my mom gets home, plus whatever she told me to do. Way to waste my time.

Beware Ramhorn snails will make salad out of your Plants.

I was tempted into getting rams but i got kribs instead. Now i wish i just got the damn rams.

What kind of plecs you get???
My plants are dieing because my lighting sucks, not because of snails.

I was thinking either rubberlips or bristlenoses, and I'm not sure how many. One or two...