Kissy's 55g tank

I called Pets Inc today!!! And they have exactly three GBRs!!! I had them set aside until I show up this afternoon to check them out. I really hope they're ok, as in no ich... Aaaah, I'm so excited!

They didn't have the rubberlips, but they'll turn up eventually. Just as well, then I won't be stocking the tank too quickly. :D

Wellzzzz, I got two. I didn't have enough cash on me, which was probably a good thing :))). They were 13.99 a piece. I don't really care if that was overpriced as that was probably my most expensive buy of fish for this tank anyway.

With my luck, I probably ended up with a male and female. Ha! One's got a pinkish belly and the guy there said she'd been more roundish the day before. The other one is slightly bigger, more colorful, and has more "finnage."

They're very cautious around everything right now...but they're getting out a little more. The male seems to have claimed the castle on the left. I fed them and they munched everything up. :)

As for names, the male has been prenamed Bookchi (Bu-k-chee) or whatever. My bro keeps calling Weebo that so now he can actually have a real fish to call it. :) As for the female, that's still pending...don't worry though, I'm sure I'll come up with something...um...weird...:)

Anyway, I know you guys will eat me if I don't post pics, so here we go!
They are, of course, not the best, but I would prefer not to become MFT chow...

Female:

Male:

Well, most of you know my plans have changed. :) I'm going to go all planted soon and am in the process of getting everything I need.

I got some plants from ishar, but unfortunately after being boiled in the mailbox and then looking like they would survive, they've all turned brownish-yellow...I'm not a plant expert (yet), but I'm assuming they're all pretty much dead. :( I'll be taking them out soon. Here's the most recent pic of my tank (without the plants). I had to take out the air pump since it's broken and will put it all back in when I get the plant equipment. So for now, this is my tank:

In case you want to know what I'm getting, the stuff is listed somewhere at the end of this: http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/equipment/55329-co2-again.html

Apr 14, 2008
I'd like to think they'd be OK in with your GBR's, Neons, and Cories; just find a temp that they all seem comfortable in and just buy more neons and keep the Zebras.

They are very interenting fish IMHO but I killed all mine in a few months from something unknown(I had 10 though).

So, my new plan is as follows:

I have to remove the female GBR because she has an eye issue. I'll set up the 6.6g for her; good thing I kept it! Then I mega clean the tank to get rid of the algae (have been gone for a while) and use the opportunity to switch to sand. On Sunday I'm getting tons of plants. Soon thereafter I have to fill the co2 tank and hook everything up including the new lights. Hopefully then I'll be done with redoing it. :)