Kissy's 55g tank

Apr 14, 2008
OOOOooo! I love it! *BOUNCINGS

For your Clown Pleco BTW...don't worry about him too much...my pair have spawned once and have been pretty happy! They are very low maintainance...well...until they start pooping and add their share to the bioload. LOL

Ok, after the whole CO2 mess, we went back to get it refilled. I had to pay for the second fill as well, so I just spent $40 to fill my tank. :( Anyway, I got the whole system set up: tank, regulator, check valve, bubble counter, diffuser, drop checker... It was a mess to get it set up and I was very nervous about something going wrong. But in the end, it looks pretty good. 1 bubble every 6-7 seconds 24/7 and here are the plants:

Bolbitis heudelotii
Hygrophila augustifolia
Hygrophila polysperma "Rosaefolia"
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala green
Pogostemon stellatus
Hygrophila salicifolia
Ammania gracilis
Rotala colorata

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
I would think you could increase the bubble count.... but maybe that's just me and why I always run out so fast... is it really suppose to be that low? And sorry but I'm no good with scientific plant names but sounds good! haha

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
o wow it was suppose to be that low... no wonder my 5lb tank last a month.... I was only doing a lot more than that.... little embarrassed to say how much... no wonder my pH was like 6.... I just thought I had a bunch of driftwood... hahaha

We'll thanks. I'd like to see a pic of the CO2 setup next time you post more pics...

For those who are interested:

The CO2 tank (sitting under the right side of the tank in the stand)

The tubing goes to the right side of the bubble counter and goes out through the left side (used lots of tape because the suction cup won't stick)

It enters the tank on the right side and attaches to the diffuser (the bubbles get spread around the tank by the filter current)

The drop checker measures the CO2

The tank with flash

The tank without flash

Sep 20, 2009
I just got a used 45 and spent about 2 hours cleaning it with vinegar. It's been 5 years since I had my last fish tanks ( 2 10 gallons). I invested a lot of time and money in those, one in particular. I have wanted a fish tank ever since, it just wasn't in my budget. But thanks to a local garage sale, got the 45 and a decent HOB filter. Given everything is covered in gnarly hard water build up, once it's clean...

but what I'm sayin is, I see you setting yours up, and I'm really excited to get mine up.

Last edited:
Yup, working on the background issue (time permitting, ;))

As for fish, here is my current stocking list:

1 male GBR
1 female cory
1 male cory
3 cory offspring (all male I think)
1 oto (will get more)
1 clown pleco
A bunch of snails

I'm planning to replace my beloved cories with kuhli loaches and get a huge school of neons, plus some exta otos.