Kenny's 10gal - The Replacer!!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
then add as little fert as you can...literally just shake the bottle, then put the cap part into the tank, swish it around and that'd be enough for a week lol.

Apr 14, 2008
LOL, that's what I do!

I stopped dosing for a week recently and all my stargrass burnt[it grew back fast?!]. *sigh* Maybe I should just feed the Java Ferns to the Koi. lol

Sadly, a rare-er needle leaf variety is in there. :( :( Makes me mad it's only got 2 tiny [atlest] not burnt leaves.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
Poor Bamboo Shrimp.

I walked by the tank today and stepped on something and looked and it was a dried up 1.5-2" shrimp. :(

I won't be getting another one, but he was cool.

RIP Shrimp.

To top it off, the eMachines computer was not installing it's drivers leading me to believe it was the chipsets, burnt out...and all of a sudden, the SMBUS was recognized and it took the ATi & RealTek drivers. *sigh* today is a bad day. :(

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
damn...i know how you feel. like i mentioned somewhere before one of my RCS did the same thing. Its all these fish/animals jumping out of tanks that should get me to cover all of my tanks, yet i remain too stubborn to do so (its also quite impossible w/o blocking light from my T-5s)

Apr 14, 2008
Sadly, IME, even with a cover, if they want to jump, they will!

In nature if they jump, they can jump back into the water...with these aquariums, they are lucky if my cats don't eat them[my cats bit off my Paradise Fish's tail after he jumped!]. lol

Someone in another forum blames me for not having enough current, but I don't think that was the case. I think the betta scared the sh*t out of him, but he didn't know he scared the betta quite bad. Still, the betta misses his friend and is hanging out, sad, by the filter. :(

waterguy1

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2009
earlier u were asking about tankmates for your betta, and and I think an african dwarf frog would be okay, even though alot of people say it`s not. I have one in my 5 gallon betta tank. I also think maybe a corydory. those are always cool. remember, though, the frogs need little freeze dried worms or something close to that. btw,Very nice tank!

Apr 14, 2008
FINALLY, I can reply!

Acer Empower, eNet Manager wasn't letting me get to here even tho I had a full signal. *thumbsdow

Anyways,

Newman, He followed the filter tubing I guess... :(

Waterguy1, I'm pretty sure, for now atleast, I'm going to just have the betta in here...It was a real blow to my stash of money losing him, so no funds to add anything else in here right now. :(

Pumpkin[betta] is sulking. Water tests perfect! :mad:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
is the temp perfect as well? dont know what else could be the problem, the light might be bothering him today :[?

"He followed the filter tubing I guess... "
and WTF!!!??

Apr 14, 2008
It seems to be, it's 79 degrees[pulled the thermometer from the 29 to check]...

Light isn't usually an issue for him???

He's swimming around alittle more, but his fins are truly transparent and no red[septicemia gone...FINALLY]? I guess he's OK...I hope he stays alive, he's literally the life of the tank!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
glad to hear he still has life in him.

aquatic shrimp is aquatic...
I doubt it had the need to climb out of the water through a tiny space (left for your filter) ust to do something...maybe it was scared by something, and happened to be in the vicinity of the opening and it flew out?

Apr 14, 2008
As I said I think he wanted away from the Carnivorous [who would hurt a snail, lol] betta and so he died trying to get away. :\

I put in 2 pellets and he quickly ate them and then went back in the hygros...Atleast he's eating.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
tis the best sign.
my male plakat is very hard to feed cuz hes overwhelmed with all the space he gets and he just wanders about the tank...I think if a betta isnt eating, thats one of those bad signs that he's going to be in trouble soon...

what did you feed the bamboo shrimp?
I keep all my RCS with my betta girl in the open top 10 gal and they dont jump out...YET lol

Apr 14, 2008
I guess he wanted to say "hi" because he came up when he seen the green light on the WebCam. lol As soon as I closed the program and the light went black, he swam off, I guess ignoring me.

He's saying "Forget you Kenny!" "Hi Newman!" ROFL

You can tell he's not in one of his usual spazzy poses like the other one:

Apr 14, 2008
More surprisingly, he's from WalMart! Most of the ones there are kinda generic [still pretty tho], but I caught his reflection and decided to get him as I did not see him until then. lol

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Every once in a while Walmart has beautiful bettas. My blue/yellow male (the one in my profile pic) is from there, as are my steel blue male and my cellophane male. My black/crimson female and my dark turquoise/crimson female are both Walmart bettas, as well.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Which is probably a good thing. I haven't had much luck with regular fish (excluding bettas) I've gotten from Walmart in the past. I bought three little tiger barbs from them when I first got my Hex5 years ago and they died within a couple of months. And then there was the incredible mis-labelling of my upside down cat. :p I'm hoping he survives 'cuz he is adorable. He's found where the otos hang out in the rock cave and chills with them all day.