Kenny's 10gal - The Replacer!!

Apr 14, 2008
You can tell these are a LOT better then the others!

Yes, the tank looks different, adding in gravel/plants/doing a WC, etc will really do that to a tank. ;)

The FTS and the bulbs look like the sun!

The cabomba is growin' like a freakin weed! Sorry it's not red tho...I think it'll take a long time before it turns back and I have to add in some iron rich fertilizer.

Middle of the tank and yes, that's a crypt...I'm trying to save it since it melted in my 29...but the piece seems intact...[The roots are still in the 29]

The Ludwigia looks great for the first time EVER!

No betta px this time...

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
No betta px this time...
But he's right there in the first pic :)

Looking sweet. i actually envy your cabomba (alough it looks a lot like my green, its clearly a diferent species/leaf pattern) its much greener than mine. i tried throwing some trimmed bottoms into my 10 gal that has 4.8 wpg but there was no change...so i had to float them back in the 40.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Sure i'd want it, as long as it wont turn red on me :p
I'm getting sick of growing the cabomba i set aside for you..its simply not growing at all (theyr stem cuttings) I just might end up cutting the green tops from some of my 40 gallon stems and sending those instead...:(

Apr 14, 2008
LOL - under T5's it might...

As for the Cabomba, as long as it doesn't rot, I really don't care if it doesn't grow right away...

I think it's the middle of the week my dad's sending out the plants for you...right now, they are starting to grow emeresed...LOL...they're loving the filtered sun! Still there is mostly green hygros floating in the 10 [I think you can see 'em], so I'll send you those and keep most of the sunsets, but I'm suprised how the "Green" Hygro is turning red under the sun! Really cool! There will of course be a million others...You can trash what you don't want but I suffer from collectoris and keep them all...and then buy more! LOL

PS. I need your address. Just PM when you get the chance.

Apr 14, 2008
Ok...so...I put my gloves on[they go alittle past my elbow] and I um... pulled the Cabomba to put in my 10, there's some left, but only 1 peice at a time will be in here...same goes for the hydrocotyle...I pulled the other piece and put it in my 29.

So with that little bit of re-arranging, I have a little more space for some of the new plants I want...

The stargrass is doing pretty well, but I don't really like it all that much. Still, I'm glad it's happy!

Apr 14, 2008
LOL - As it turns out, Goldfish like Cabomba! I pulled it all out [again, with those aquatic gloves on] and put it in this tank and put the other Hydrocotyle back in the 29.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Yea i shoulda warned you about that...they like to rip the leaves off too if they taste something good thats stuck in them. If theyre very hungry thell actually eat it...but i dont see why they should, it smells awful >_<

Apr 14, 2008
I rescaped the tank for what I hope will be the LAST time.

I pulled the DW [mom wanted it back] and put in a slate terrace obviosuly with the H.C. and Blyxa [it's got new leaves! :D] in the foreground & the bigger stems in the back...

I almost gave away the green foxtail and ludwigia repens this morning, but they have 1 more chance to show me they belong...

Well, gotta finish it up, do the 60% WC and take a pic...I'll be back in a while!

Apr 14, 2008
He didn't like the tank[or me either, lol]...so, I threw him out into the big pond[heated] and he likes that better...There is also a pair of Columbian Ramshorns in there too that he likes...

What replaced him???

A bamboo shrimp!! :D*BOUNCINGS The not so fun part, was he cost me 11! lol *ALL*

So, I have a million little snails, a betta, & a bamboo shrimp...soon there will be the 2 kuhlie loaches from the 55 and I'll be done with stocking this tank!

Apr 14, 2008
It's only 240gallons bigger then the 10...lol

When the 5,00gal gets finished, he'll[have to remember he's a he] be going in there...

Oh, while in petco, my mom was trying to talk my into getting a night goby[he was in FW and labled as a white cheek goby..really brackish] and 2 more snails[black mystery snails]. There were also Threadfin Rainbows that were very pretty!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
They were beautiful! Really, even in Petco, they looked like this:

Could you imagine, looks when settled in a nice, planted tank!!???

Sadly, I have no place for them, but I do have 1[used to be 2] M. Splendida 'Splendida' rainbow[in 55]:

He's in spawning color with black edges on his fins, idiot killed his mate tho! >:[

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
Goodbye 10[for now...], I'm tearing it down too...

All the plants from my tanks will go into a tub pond until I can recommission my 2 tanks.

I might get rid of some plants too[H.C., Blyxa, etc.]...

My bamboo shrimp & betta are going in 5.5[maybe 2.5?], sunfish is going in big pond[major risk], & the 29 goldfish are going into the pond & the betta girls are going in separate tanks...

Tanks are staying intact[meaning all stuff except for plant/fish are staying in], but down until everything is in their final positions. I can't move fully setup tanks, I'm already hurt enough.

Last edited: