Discus

D

discusaquarium

thats a great deal for red turqs. even at a breeder here they are about 25 a piece but thats not too bad for a good quality discus. congratulations and good luck!! ;D

D

discusaquarium

hey ryan - http://www.dphnet.com/sub-breedersurvey/archief/daniel.html read the address on them. maybe thats close to you i dont know

D

discusaquarium

ok cool, dph is the best site to look for stuff. thats where i went before i started up my site.

D

discusaquarium

hey clothahump, what ever happened to the deal about the discus? did you ever get over and see them? im still interested if they were good priced.  ;D ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
After going through all of the breeders I found only two anywhere near me. One is about 2 hours away and the other I don't know. All I know is that it's in the same state as me. ;D I'm going to email them and see about their prices tommorow. ;D

D

discusaquarium

if you are looking to breed the red/blue turqs are the easiest to. the blue diamonds and snakeskins are where they get a bit harder to breed. :p

R

ronrca

Cool! Im hoping to grow my discus for awhile, then I want to try to breed them for fun. I can hardly wait to get them.

R

ronrca

I will! I will be calling the breeder on Thursday. Thanx Joe! Im really excited about the Discus and so is my wife (finally), even though she is relucante to admit it  ;). I did a 30G water change on Saturday but no change for nitrates. I hate using 5G pails. My python water changer hopefully will be coming in the next few days so I can do a big water change.

D

discusaquarium

be sure not to alter any water qualities when doing massive water changes...that's not fun.. 8)

R

ronrca

I received my python water changer yesterday  ;D and I did a 50% water change in 45minutes (compared to 2+ hours with pails). I works really well but the nitrates are still quite high so I will be doing another water change tonight. I also had ordered a small discus book by Barron. It has some good info in it and it only costs $10. I cant wait to get my discus. 8)

R

ronrca

I did another water change (60%) yesterday and finally beat NO3. Funny though!!! I tested the water after and NO2 was up to 0.5ppm. I wonder if it was the chlorarime reacting with the sea chem prime and releasing the ammonia. I will probably be getting some corys and ottos tomorrow. Hopefully I can also get some Cardinals soon.

R

ronrca

I guess one thing that I forgot to ask you Joe is; what temp. is good for Discus? Right now my tank is at 85F. I plan to get some cardinals, ottos, corys and rams but Im worried about the high temp. My lfs mentioned that the temp is a little too high and I dont need it that high especially if I want to place other fish in. Should I keep the temp at 85F or lower it to 80F? Would it be ok for the other fish in such high temp?

D

discusaquarium

80 is a little on the low side, i'd go with about 82-84. the fish wil be fine in there. 85 isnt bad though. just turn the heater down a knotch. you'll be fine.