Discus

D

discusaquarium

all the green ones that i have around me are over 100. 30 isnt too bad for a green ryan! sheesh!

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Trust me I would have gotten them had my tank been ready! That was REALLY cheap for discus around here. My 29 was still being set up yet and by the time it was ready the fish were already sold. :'( Oh well I will still be watching. ;D

D

discusaquarium

yeah you've gotta be ready for those good deals! lol ryan, im about to put in an order for some blue diamonds for $6!! wow!! im still trying to decide if i want to do it, but hopefully i will...here - take a look!http://discusfarm.hypermart.net/index.htm

he's cutting me a deal right now - but maybe i can work something out with my LFS, hmm hmm....

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey, DIscus do you think that i  could buy 6 discus and put 4 of them in a 20 gal and put 2 in a ten :-/ all measuring up to 2 in. a piece just for a little bit though since that is a mininum order

D

discusaquarium

yes he is right, discus need at least 10 gallons of water a piece, but that is when they are a little older than 2". if you insist, then you would have to buy about a 55 or 75 gallon tank for them once they reach about 3-4 inches. Breeders overstock their tanks, and feed heavily, which is what it sounds like you want/need to do. Coming with those standards you would have to do water changes every day to every other day. it may not sound like much now but it will catch up and be a pain in your @$$. i would start in a larger tank with all of them if you planned to do discus...once again...start off slow and dont rush into anything. it will only screw you later. other than that!!! lol well - discus can be very beautiful and if you scratch their back they'll scratch yours!! you have a couple now dont you?

D

discusaquarium

im in the process of emailing with him now. i think he only sells in bulk though, so i might have to work something out with my LFS which could be interesting.

D

discusaquarium

it really is up to you there. just whatever floats your boat, or your wallet. just dont get something you'll regret. make sure that the fish are ones that you will enjoy for a looong time!