8 Gallon Nano Journal

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I've had it like that on my rocks before. Just gave it time and it cleaned itself up pretty much, with the help of a CUC and myself.

One thing i noticed was that i might have silicates in my tap water, causing some brown algae. So i got some Phosphate Sponge and tried lowering my Phosphates/Silicates. Seemed to help a little bit. But this was after i gave my CUC a chance at the job.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
well i went to the lfs yesterday but everything was really expensive and they didnt have any scarlet hermits, so i didnt get anything.
But today my brother was out and he went to the lfs, and brought home a snail for me, so now I have my first member of the clean up crew :p :D.
Heres the lil dude:

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Thanks.
I have this red algae stuff on the rocks atm, and it has long threads of it coming off the rock too. Bubbles also attach to the algae. I think its red-slime algae but im not sure, can anyone ID it?
im not too worried about the red algae, its the white blobs that im wondering about. I thought it was where the red algae hadnt covered the whole rock, and it was just rock, but it seems to be growing and i have no idea as to what it is.
pics:

can anyone id this?

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
hahaha matt :p, thanks katie :)
well the rocks got moved around today because i had to re-epoxy everything because it all came un-stuck.
but the rocks were right infront of the powerhead anyway...

edit: snails are astrea :)

Last edited: