8 Gallon Nano Journal

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Ok so a few days ago i decided that i wanted a little sw nano, so i was on the net just looking around and i found a tank that comes with everthing...tank, light, small box of salt, live rock, live sand, heater and filter! So i decided to buy it! It arrived today and i have set everthing up and everthings going well. I will change the rock scape tomorrow probably because im not yet happy of the way it looks...anyway here are the pics....

salt, rock and sand still in the box..

the tank! :

fillin' up..

full:

more pics coming...

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
LOL katie i think theres about 9 pounds of LR.

here more pics..
light and the glass cover:

side shot, i love seem-less edges!:

this shot was taken about 10 mins ago (it looks clearer in real life):

ok so thats it. I cant see the back of the tank yet and i have seen a few 'moving' things lol.

So what do ya think??
Im gonna get a background soon and maybe some more rock!*SUNSMILE*

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
sorry for me to keep posting over myself but..
i was rearranging rocks and i came across this small 'thing'. I touched it gently and it feels very soft..here are pics of it..

can anyone tell me what this is??

The tank is all murky now so when it clears up I will post pics of the new rock scape :)

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
wow it looks great already!! where'd you get the setup from? i ask b/c that's a neat all-in-one... anyways... no clue what that thing is. it's funny lookin. :D

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
thanks jessey! i got it from a site called tropicalfish4u.co.uk..but i live in england, and i dont think they deliver to the US :p
anyways...i rescaped the tank and its clear now so heres the updated pic of the LR..

(i took that without the tank light on)

does everyone think it looks better than the last rock arrangement?

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
That thing in the pic looks like its tucked itself into a small hole in the rock, if that is the case it looks just like a peanut worm, a harmless scavenger.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Very nice, Helena.
The seamless tank is great, and I love how these weird anomalous critters keep popping up on you...I'm sure there'll be lots more too! lol

I like the way the rocks are positioned better now.

BV

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Ok so i re-arranged the rocks again today, and the 4 base rocks at the bottom are now epoxy'ed together. The three smaller rocks that are in a sorta line on top of the base rocks are NOT glued on...i didnt want to glue them 1. because i dont the way they look and 2. incase i need to move them around when i get corals.
The water is still murky so the pics arent great...

close up of rock arrangement..

ok so, what do ya think?