Why does Wal-mart sell fish

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
why is everyone jumping on me for my writing and it "quieres" not "quiere" you forgot the S see dsnt feel so good

lol. sorry buddy. but I didn't forget the S. I meant it the way I wrote it. I'm writing in "he" form not "you" form. If you're not a big fan of people jumping on your case, I'd make a bit of an effort to make your posts a bit more understandable.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
And just to make my point that I correctly spelled what I wrote in spanish. I replied to pwrmG4:

"You're right. If he (meaning you HAAA) wants help, the least he could do is write so that it makes sense to others."

What you're telling me is that what I meant to write is.

"You're right. If you (meaning pwrmG4) want help, the least you could do is write so that it makes sence to others."

The first one being what I meant. And I'm sticking to it! None of us are perfect spellers, etc. But at least we try to be legible.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I'll buy from Wal-Mart.. Big freaking deal. We don't all live near a local fish store. The Wal-Mart hee in town really sucks. The one 30 minutes north of me (Palestine) is usually in good shape. The one an hour south (Huntsville) is always in great shape. There's one 45 miles east of me in Lufkin is pretty good, too, and is the only store I have found that sells kuhli loaches.

What if your local Wal-Mart's fish section was ten times cleaner than your LFS? What would you find to complain about then? You can't generalize and jump on the "let's hate Wal-Mart" bandwagon just because some are crappy and they sell Chinese goods. Hell, the majority of the products you buy in any department store is made overseas.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Yes please translate. I don't speak spanish. I'm just curious what it says. Thanks.:)
lol. I translated a few posts above.

"You're right. If he (meaning you HAAA) wants help, the least he could do is write so that it makes sense to others."

I seriously do need practice my spanish though.... I can speak it better than I can write it. Senora Pinto would not approve. lol. I need to start speaking spanish at home... we're all native speakers, but we all speak english instead...

HAAA

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2008
Inland Empire
tom is right i was just outraged they gave this little kid a puffer fish with i think some platys and he look like a biginner I Think I splelled something wrong

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
Take a deep breath Tom. In my opinion your right. Heck I've even had one local personally owned fish store tell me how they didn't like another local store. I've bought fish from Walmart, the local fish store and the personally owned fish store. The one thing that stands true is how you take care of your fish. If you treat the quarentine tank you put your new fish in for diseases and make sure that fish is safe to add to you community you can have healty fish for many years.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
I'll buy from Wal-Mart.. Big freaking deal. We don't all live near a local fish store. The Wal-Mart hee in town really sucks. The one 30 minutes north of me (Palestine) is usually in good shape. The one an hour south (Huntsville) is always in great shape. There's one 45 miles east of me in Lufkin is pretty good, too, and is the only store I have found that sells kuhli loaches.
I've been through all of those towns! *thumbsup2 I've even spent a little (a quick couple of visits) in Lufkin, Texas. A good friend of mine is from there.

What if your local Wal-Mart's fish section was ten times cleaner than your LFS? What would you find to complain about then? You can't generalize and jump on the "let's hate Wal-Mart" bandwagon just because some are crappy and they sell Chinese goods. Hell, the majority of the products you buy in any department store is made overseas.
It's not so much that, but it sounds like they keep a pretty dismal fish section with ill-informed employees. Yeah, I could go on an anti-Walmart rant, but I don't think I need to go that far. Anyways, it's really just hypothetical for me 'cause the nearest Walmart just isn't that convenient for me.

However, the nearest LFS is the Petco. And, I do shop there because of the convenience, even though I feel kinda guilty patronizing them and not the good LFS, which is privately-owned with very knowledgeable employees. Of course, I found dyed fish at the other "good" LFS, so ...

On the other hand, I sometimes feel like it's a little nobler to "rescue" fish from places like Petco and (I imagine) Walmart.