Why does Wal-mart sell fish

HAAA

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2008
Inland Empire
Even thoe they got me into this hooby some ppl that work their give bad advice and tey have their fish in bad conditions too every time i go their their dead fish in the tank and the tank is all dirty i saw i dead fish in a tank for about a week i guess the tank dnt have a plecos *ALL*

Sep 11, 2007
www.forrestcook.com
wooooooooow. your keyboard has punctuation for a reason! I had to read that post about five times to figure it out...

The reason that Wal-mart does not have a great track record with fish is that no employees are really trained on how to care for them properly. Plus the fact that proper care is sometimes more expensive than just buying another one from the dealer.

HAAA

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2008
Inland Empire
i dt even buy fish their any more they died on me all the time so i go to this store that some asian lady own she has great stock, wal-mart even sells puffers thats what pissed me off

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
lmao.. runon like crazy!

what doesn't walmart sell? it would be easier to figure that out.

walmart doesn't take care of their tanks or fish.. imo (at least my local walmart doesn't)

Jan 22, 2008
same here walmart "SUCKS" for fish and fish selection here, i have a regular walmart not a super walmart like you ppl in the states have lol. There is really nothing in the fish isle for selection.

Umm. HAAA it's called "proofreading before posting." Please, I have a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say.

Anyway, I've never been to the Walmart fish section cuz I hardly ever go there. Made in China...made in China...made in China...my local Petsmart is pretty good. As long as you know what you want, you can get it. Plus, if you see a dead fish, you know not to get anything from that tank. But mostly they seem fine.

Edit: I meant Petco

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2004
Nipomo CA
They sell fish because people buy them there. If they were not making money then they really wouldnt sell them. They also use them so people see them and want to buy fishes. Well they have to buy tanks, equipment, food, etc. They may actually loss money on fish but make it up on hardware. I have two walmarts back home one is nice and the other is bad, it depends on the employees.
Yeah you can (female dog) and complain all you want about walmart but the only way to truly stop walmart is to add punctuation and more letters to your post.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
The WalMart nearest to me stopped selling fish and fish supplies. I'm glad about it too, they neglected their fish. I've seen other WalMarts that have clean tanks and no dead fish also. It all depends on the WalMart you go to.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I agree with emmanuelchavez, some Walmarts are better then others. I have 2 that are about the same distance from me and 1 has horrible looking tanks and I counted 31 dead fish in their tanks one day. The other nearby Walmart has great clean tanks and great looking fish and even some good looking plants as well. I would never buy from either of them but they don't all seem to neglect their tanks.

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
Your right SeaMonkey its not aways about the fish its all the accesories that go with them (tank,filter cartrages,heater,water conditioner,trinkets etc....). And if the fish die they get you comming back to the store and the more you come back and hangout, odds are the more you will buy.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
Well, I, too, have been having a hard time reading HAAA's posts. However, I would also like to add that the Tank is hardly a paragon of excellent grammar and spelling. Perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to bag on HAAA.

That said, I prefer spelled out words and hate abbreviations (which makes me wonder if I'm fit for my job). ;) I don't even abbreviate or take short cuts when text messaging! :eek:

Now, as far as the thread topic: I don't know. I have no idea where the nearest Walmart is! :p

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Well, I, too, have been having a hard time reading HAAA's posts. However, I would also like to add that the Tank is hardly a paragon of excellent grammar and spelling. Perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to bag on HAAA.
Sorry I am a very friendly and patient person most of the time, and would have probably agreed until the"i'm to lazy" comment. BUT COME ON SPELL IT, OUT USE PUNCTUATION.!!!

theres a difference in misspelling and grammer errors when your trying, but to intentionally do it..why the h$$$ even bother posting. I'm not trying to be an a--hole but if you want our help or trying to help someone else spell it out so it is atleast half way understandable.

Anyway sorry for getting off topic but needed to be said.

Last edited:

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
I think that if you want people to read your posts.. then you should type it so most people will be able to read it.. would he come into a forum and type in spanish when it is all in english? you would do what is necessary for the best input on your ?'s.. imo