Saddam Hussein

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
I accept that killing happens (obviously) I just dont agree with killing someone because they killed, it just doesnt make sense and seems hypercritical.

More peace ... I just like talking about this kind of thing, i'm not hating on anyone :)

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
World War 3 is not in progress yet. Along with WWIII a few other things will end the world.

I would pay to go to the execution. The only way i can explain the whole if some one kills another INNOCENT person thing is... well, its like a rabbid dog, it will keep killing if not killed.

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
It all depends on what your definition of "in progress" is.

Just because something is not in full swing, that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Technically WWII is often agreed to have started when Germany invaded Poland. But this can be argued, because it wasn't a "world war" just because of an invasion. However I agree with the majority of historians here. But...you could go even further back to the root of it - the end of WWI and the Great Depression.

So in my opinion, WWIII has been in progress since the first Gulf War. This is because the US put bases in Saudi Arabia and pissed off bin laden. Then 9/11 happens...and we've been in the real war ever since. It's only going to get worse from here. That is what WWIII is all about. So yeah, woohoo, execute Saddam. Big deal. What are we going to use his corpse as a shield from future terror attacks and who knows what else will be coming in the future?

A nuclear Iran is inevitable at this point. And when you consider that the Iraq war has done nothing but make more enemies of the US, it only looks like there is a whole new generation of terrorists on the way...and these will have nuclear capabilities.

And let's just consider Russia and China - they have an oppurtunity to take out the US through the surrogate of supporting th rogue nations, even if it's completely under the table and out of sight. Surely I think they would take the chance.

It's all coming together.

Last edited:

Submariner

Large Fish
May 15, 2006
Central Maine
You know, it's funny, but I watched that movie Kingdom Of Heaven today, and it really struck me how much killing and murder has been done in the name of God (by people of all faiths) in the history of man, even though it's supposed to be morally wrong. Not to mention the parallels between the european occupation of Jerusalem, and the situation in the Middle East today. One line that really stayed with me was, " To kill an infidel is not murder—it is the path to heaven. " This was the belief of the Pope during the Crusades, and in fact many Christians (it was blasphemy to believe that Christianity and Islam could co-exist.) and it's basically the same philosophy the Islamic terrorists have toward westerners today.

rohnds

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Austin, TX (born NYC)
WWI was started by bullet that killed King Ferdinand. This same bullet can be attributed to the start of the WWII since Hitler, as a young man, was a soldier in WWI and is reported to have cried when the German surrendered.

Rohn

TommyR

Medium Fish
Nov 15, 2004
Hudson Valley of N.Y.
Visit site
f8fan said:
found guilty - and will be hanged?? Am I the only one that thinks that "hanging" is almost as dated as the guillotine?
Saddam Hussein sentenced to death by hanging - CNN.com
I do believe in the death penalty - but, really, hanging??

I almost think in certain situations it makes the individual suffer more to have to live out the rest of their natural life incarcerated with no human rights whatsoever, I'd rather see him suffer for years upon years than to see him hanged.

Hang his butt, on TV for the world to see. Then I'd fry him like a burnt piece of bacon for good measure. I'm all for the death penalty for those where there is enough hard proof and obviously there is in his case.

You can't reason with animals and he's an animal. He's wasting our air supply. We've wasted WAY too much time on that piece of filth. I would have thrown a grenade is his spider hole if *I* found him.

Tom