Newman's 40 Gallon Planted Tank

What do you think of the tank as a whole?

• "I don't really understand what youre doing here...it looks weird"

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • "The idea is half decent, but could use some improvements"

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • "Overall it looks natural and good"

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • "Awsome habitat for the fish and looks outstanding"

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
RIP Daisy....

It is moments like these that make me think twice about the way I am running my 40 gal planted tank...
Cause of death is currently unknown. If i get the chance, I will try to find out if the cause was something that she ate.
Water quality is a non issue. not other fish seems affected by anything. Daisy perished within 12 hours of me seeing her fully alive and active. I will update this if I find anything...

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
her death is not sweet in any way. it may not even open up opportunity for other fish because "someone" wants to put another goldfish in this tank >_<

I will try to stop that but we will see what happens. and yes she was the tank mascot and will be missed.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Since I will be shipping out my livebearers next week, I wanted to take some pictures for memory, to remember what awesome fish I raised in my 40 gallon.

I apologize for the dirty glass...

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
ok mollies arrived. some are sick with ich and some sort of bacterial ulcer...but for the most part the remainder (which is like 11-12 of them) are quite healthy. seller sent around 16 of them. one died in transit, and about 4 of them are a bit sick from the above mentioned diseases. i gave a salt dip to the ones that looked sick, idk how that would help.
added some salt to the tank, but only 3 teaspoons fro 40 gallons. not going to harm plants, salinity is still at 0 after the salt.
They went to town on any algae they happened to see within seconds of hitting the water in my tank. all seem active and healthy, even the very thin, the sick, and the well fed looking ones.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I on the other hand have to wait a really long time to take pics of my SAEs. they're very wary and will dart away into the plants if i come too near the tank. and when they do stand still its usually behind plants so i cant even see them, let alone get a pic of them lol. plus my camera cannot take pics of moving fish at all, so that doesnt help :p

The big grassy plant? its Cyperus helferi. the other stuff is just dwarf sag.
Thanks for looking riseabovethesun!