Newman's 40 Gallon Planted Tank

What do you think of the tank as a whole?

• "I don't really understand what youre doing here...it looks weird"

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • "The idea is half decent, but could use some improvements"

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • "Overall it looks natural and good"

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • "Awsome habitat for the fish and looks outstanding"

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
thanks! they just arrived today. all are alive thankfully and are active. the seller had an interesting method of shipping them, no water, each snail wrapped around in moist paper towel...very odd, never seen that one before but it worked.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
bigbob thats for breeding olive nerites. My ruby nerites are from sulawesi and they probably have somewhat different life histories. for example i have never seen my ruby nerite eggs hatch in FW. both males and females were present but the eggs just sat there for many months. I'm sure i can hatch them once they're in my SW tank.
the nerites do as you said btw, I recant most of the stuff I said im my attempt to disagree with you xD Thanks again.
It looks like this whole breeding thing is going to be much more difficult that I have thought. What else is new lol.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
selling the mollies (I wanted to keep them but someone in my house is against them)
Got angelfish instead. 1 angelfish, 2 angelfish, 3 angelfish....no, 4 angelfish total. 2 will pair off and stay. the other 2 (whether they pair or not) will eventually be sold)
And got some pictures of Silver who is not liking the angels one bit. He cannot catch them so it's all good for now. when they grow up silver will be moved out for his own good.
Also some pics of Silver himself.

Attachments

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
thanks guys I do like the flowing look to the tank :)
I will grow even more vals to continue that look.
Unfortunately the baby angels may not last. already lost 2 of them, they might not be cut out for hard water.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I suck at this. I have only one angel remaining now. dont know what happened to the second little one, she just disappeared.

on a side now my tank is full of molly fry now. I cleaned the filter out yesterday and found one molly fry in there and a very tiny cherry shrimplet.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
fairly small, about quarter size.
oh and forget hard water, I figured out that that wouldnt be killing them anyway. it must be something else. just wish I could figure it out. they dont thrive in my tank that I can tell plainly.