My platy fry, "Houdini"!

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
week 2 picture updates!

here they are! He was 2 weeks yesterday. All is well, but I've been away a lot over the holidays, but he manages. Thanks goodness, if he died I'd be heartbroken. He means so much to me :)

hope you like him. Still as cute as heck!

Attachments

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He could be yellow, my male swordie is a lovely marigold wag. And he's about a half inch, if not more!
I was also wondering if it's possible he was that weird clear-ish tan yellow color some platys are, it could be in his bloodlines. like this: http://z.about.com/d/freshaquarium/1/0/6/U/livebearer18G.jpg

I also made a mistake there :O he was actually 3 weeks, not 2. Silly me, I must have been tired there ;)
Heh once he gets his body shape and true color I'll have to start posting pictures of possible-parents haha. I've had fantastic luck so far, so I'm thinking he's gonna live... unless there is a "natural diasaster", like me forgetting to put a top on his trap and him jumping out or him starving or... nevermind...
thanks for all the comments!

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He's still growing. I think he's getting a stronger color. I still can't tell if Houdini's gonna be orange or yellow?! I think he might be a swordtail, as my boy swordie is yellow and my girl swordie is orange. Platys are red wags and a variatus (grey with black speckles with red tail)

BUT we'll see, we'll see.

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
AWWW!!
HE'S ADORABLE!! :)
It's amazing, looking at the pictures as they get older :)
I guess that's what a parent feels like, except the parent usually knows what their child is XD

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
nice fishy lol
he looks kinda hungry in those pics :p
I shouldnt be talking though. I overfeed my swordfish fry so much that someone could walk by and say, "wow those are some nice balloon swordtails you got there! Is that a new strain?" LOL

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Thanks everyone :)
How long until he gets his body form? 4 weeks is about a month...
LOL houdini is sorta funny. He'll be FAT for like 2 hours then skinny (like in the pics) for the rest of the day :p
yes, a bit camera shy, but at least he's still. Whenever I try take a pic of a platy or swordtail they all come running and showing off and zipping everywhere, screaming "OOH! OOH! LOOK AT THISS!! TAKE A PICTURE! HEY?!? TAKE MMYY PICTURE, NOT HER'S! HEY LOOK AT THIS IT'S WAY COOLER THAN HIM! TAKE MY PICTURE! HEY, I DON'T WANT MY PICTURE TAKEN, AHH! GO AWAYYY!"

Houdini is more like, "aww do you hafta take my picture?! Get it over with, please."