Kissy's 55g tank

Apr 14, 2008
Hi kissyboots,

Your tank has inspired me to go from my little 29gal to a REAL tank. Haha...

It looks great!

Have you considered the Cardinal Tetras over neons? I think even mixing the 2 would look cool!

Keep up the great work!

Kenny

Apr 14, 2008
Hahahaha,

German Blue Ram [it's a dwarf South American Cichlid]. They are really cute and I'm thinking about getting a nice Female since they have all the color of the males + the pink dot...

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
I also have Green Neons in my 100g. They school with the neons. And they're bluish-green for me. I prefer them over the regular neons, but they cost me more. I paid $2 for each, which was at a discount. I also traded in a BUNCH of my previous fish for the small number of gnt's I have.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Ooooo riiight of course the german rams. those blue ones are really sweet looking. If they didnt prefer acidic water, i would totaly have some in my 40 gal.

And emannuel, the green neons are cool right? I just love that laser blue.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
And emannuel, the green neons are cool right? I just love that laser blue.
Indeed. I'm getting jaded with tetras though. I somewhat would like to get rid of them and focus on a small handful of what would be considered centerpiece fish.

Change of plans. This tank is going down over winter break. I haven't had enough time to take care of it properly and next semester I will be even busier, so it has to go. :( Once I start the "taking down" process, I might write up something about how to be most efficient about it.

I totally understand why. I didn't have as much time for my tanks this semester. I'm down to two tanks (well, the others are still running, they're just growing plants immersed... set them, then forget them! No algae, co2 injection, etc. Just lights, plants, and enough water to keep the substrate moist :)).

Apr 14, 2008
I understand too. My life can really go crazy at times. Kinda like now...

Only for my 125[before my brothers broke it]...I bought a bichir[albino], 4 Bala Sharks, 4 Stripped Headstanders, & 1 Ghost Knifefish...They are all chillin' in a 40breeder for now tho...so, I'm not to the point where the tanks are too much.

Might as well update this a little. Not like there's anything new about the tank. I'm sooooo glad I took it down, though. I was so overloaded with college last semester that I lost nearly 10 pounds... and I'm already tall and skinny. So yeah, never gonna take 19 credits again, lol.

I'm "only" going to have 14 credits next semester (calc III, physics, assembly language, etc. should be plenty). So I'm really tempted to set it up again. But, of course, that won't happen since I have no idea how the semester will turn out. I'd rather spend my time outside since all I do is homework...

However, the 6.6g might go up again. I doubt I can keep it planted, though. We'll see how the first part of the semester goes. I'll update that journal if I decide to set it up again.