Discus Updates

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Can't remember if i posted these here yet or not. Just wanted to share some newer pictures of my discus. They've grown very nicely since i got them in July, i guess its been almost a month so far. Putting on color and all. Blue Diamond

Hopeful pair, still forming.

Cobalt

Marlboro

This is either a Brilliant Turq or a Flachen (cobalt in my mind). I can't tell yet. I wish i could remember if i got 1 of each or 2 BTs....oh well this fish is going to be a really nice one when he gets older from what i can tell. Very outgoing fish, always hungry one of the first to the meal and showing lots of color. He is growing better then most of the other smaller ones. With flash.

Without flash

Just a couple of headshots.

Last edited:

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
very nice

i would say brilliant though on that one...thats just me though from the other fish i have seen that size from hans

i think my wild has the pits to...arnt they like the sensory pits?

Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
Wow...never thought Id say this..but Im really thinking of having discus one day..really nice fish

What is your feeding schedule like? How many wc do you do weekly and how much at a time? Also, what temp are you keeping them at?

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Do you really want to know? ;) I'm pretty OCD about these fish and its my current "project" fish wise to breed them so my schedule is crazier then a person who is just keeping them. Trying to put as much weight on them as possible, as fast as possible.

I feed 2-3 times a day, beefheart, bloodworms, misquitos larva. I do 1-2 water changes daily, 50% abouts each time. Toasty 86-88 degrees.

Thanks everyone.