125g saltwater startup

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Still catching up with this tank build, but figured I would post a question before I reach the end so I don't forget. I would have done id differant on my new tank, thats why the question. Why didn't you put the sand in the tank from the start?

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Still catching up with this tank build, but figured I would post a question before I reach the end so I don't forget. I would have done id differant on my new tank, thats why the question. Why didn't you put the sand in the tank from the start?
I have read this many times and do not understand? Are you asking if the sand goes in first or referring to some statement earlier in this post as I didn't go back and read the whole thing. I put the rock in first so the critters in the tank cannot undermine the rock and make it topple on to other fish or coral.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I saw that you had put the rock in first and then at a later date you added the sand. I was going to put the rock in my tank then add the sand right after, just wanted to make sure I wasn't messing up. :0