10 gallon nano reef journal (pics)

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
At the store... saw a sixline wrasse.... bought said wrasse. I wanted one for awhile and I know it may be too many fish but I feel like I have adequate filtration and rock work for everyone for now... I am seriously considering making my 46 gallon saltwater after this summer... depending on if I get a good job again or not... I've already done some shopping and it would cost about $700-900 to go saltwater in the 46... depending on lighting, how deep a sand bed, etc.

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
video from today... Ill get one with the main light on later..
YouTube - 1-27-10 002.avi
you can see the sixline in there a little bit

Also my emerald actually went after my mushroom coral so he went to my friends tank... I'm thinking about a new invert... I got some more sand for free from the guy I gave the crab to..... so I'm considering a pistol shrimp for my gobie.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yikes!
I didn't google it but I've heard it on reef forums. I was also thinking about using mythrax in my own reef when I get to setting that up...but your account with it makes me a bit nervous =/

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
got a baby pistol shrimp and within the weekend he paired up nicely with my goby. here's a video... I think its a tiger pistol but its hard to tell from the video.

also my kenya tree coral has not only been closed up but looking very sickly for the past 3 or so days. I think it has done this before but not as long or badly... i just redirected the current cause it started doin this a week or so after i rearranged my rock/ current. heres a pic, let me know what you think.

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
I love your green striped mushroom. I bought a blue striped mushroom about a month or two ago and its really taken off. I love the way they open way up when the lights come on. Haven't had any trouble with my inverts messing with it either. I had a cerith roaming around the area of it once when I first got it and knocked the frag off the rock but didn't do any damage.
[/IMG]