Your alter ego

Sep 11, 2007
www.forrestcook.com
Every timee I join a new forum I likee to find out about the people I'm talking with. Ive noticed (if the profile info is indeed correct) that there are quite a few young people here with -lots- of experience doing this whole aquarium thing.

It leads me to wonder what everybody here does for a living... or if they don't have a "living" yet, their free time.

I'll start off... I'm 24, newly married and a police officer. Just starting my career and getting on my feet so life is exciting at the moment (even with the occasional financial screwball that flies my way)

I used to be rock climbing all the time, then I wised up and picked up photography as my main hobby. Now I'm picking up fish keeping... and hopefully fish photography.

scubadude

Large Fish
Aug 20, 2005
carthage,MO.
I'm 32, and a master diver and service tec for a dive shop. i enjoy diving (of course), target shooting, the occasional addicting video game, hunting, camping, fishing, partying with friends (don't care for bars), and horseing around with my mustang GT.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
i'm 25 and work in hartford, ct as an environmental consultant that deals with regulatory compliance w/ stormwater, wastewater, and air permitting and hazardous waste. good stuff.

my past jobs include working at two public aquariums as an aquarist, seasonal fisheries technician, and home/office aquarium service tech.

i've been engaged for two years (i know, we really need to get married and get it over with! ;) ;) ;) ) to a great guy i've been with for 6 1/2 years. we bought our first home last august, so we spend a LOT of our free tiem working on it!

i also like target shooting (.357 mag revolver and AR-15), fishkeeping, coffee, hangign out wtih friends and working otu.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2007
Florida
Well I'm 20 and i'm a chef and a culinary student as well, and well my career is very stressful so i started out scuba diving and and i fell in love with the ocean and the life in the ocean so i wanted to bring it closer to me by starting up my reef tank and i love it when i get home at night site back with a cop of coke and just relax and look at my fish its awesome, i cant recall how much time i really spend on my tank i know that i spend hours if not reading about fish or coral its really moving things around my tank and looking at whats new in the tank.lol best hobby ever

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Hey, I'm not saying you guys aren't good for anything...

How firefighters identify a HAZMAT situation using the COP Method:

1. Officer standing/Car running: Not hazardous.
2. Officer unconscious/Car running: Toxic fumes.
3. Officer unconscious/Car stalled: Oxygen displacing chemical.
4. Officer/Car both melting: Acidic chemical.
5. Officer/Car on fire: Extremely flammable.

;)

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I'm 37 (as of yesterday) and have been a juvenile probation officer for 9 years. Prior to that I was a correctional officer for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice for 4 years. I am currently a member of the NRA.

My hobbies are reading and collecting books (Joe Lansdale and Stephen King 1st editions), music (huuuge collection), stamps, photography, collecting WWII German items, and a few other things.

I would write more but hey, it's 5 pm and us govt. workers need to go home!

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Well Lets see..

I'm 35, I've been Married for 3 years, I live with my wife & daughter in a duplex.

I'm an auto technician.

For hobbies/pastimes, I play bass guitar, Hunt, fish, go camping, play computer games etc. (and obviously fish keeping :p )

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
Okies,

I'm 17, currently in high school in grade 12, I'm going to the agricultural college in my province next year to become a vet technician (*crosses crossables in hopes I get accepted*)

I have a job, in the summer it's full time and in school it's part. I work at a grocery store *shudder* in the deli, bakery, pre-cooked meals and food prep departments, along with an occasional cashier as well. Woo. LOL

Hobbies include lots of video games, reading (favourite author is Mercedes Lackey), small get-togethers with friends (I HATE big parties), camping, fishing, fishkeeping (obviously), and I have a few reptiles. When I move out I hope to expand my collection with snakes and other things.

Apr 16, 2007
Harvest, AL
im 19, the brother of drumminfish, a cook and marketing coordinator for TGI Fridays, and im a student pursing a degree in civil engineering, with a specified interest in geotechnics (ie. earth structures, dams, levees, foundations, mines). im on year 2 out of 4.5

in the little free time i have, i like to just relax and watch some tv/movie/fish/football or play a computer/video game. when school is out, i enjoy spending time with a bunch of my friends, playing football, frisbee, or baseball and grilling out

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I'm 25 and to pay the bills I am an administrative assistant for a telecom company. Your basic 9-5 desk job. Then I also somehow manage to find the time and energy to take a full load of college classes.

I also have a horse, a dog and my fishtanks to take care of which take at least 30-40 minutes a day (to clean my horse's stall and feeding the dog and fish) but usually longer since my dog appreciates some attention, the horse has to be exercised and both need to be groomed...and then water changes and normal tank maintenance.

In the little free time I have after necessary things (work, school and pets...plus laundry, cleaning, mowing, sleeping, eating, grocery shopping etc) I have a ton of things I like to do. Camping, boating, hiking, fishing, road trips, watching movies, being online (who can live without MFT, email, ebay, chatting and fantasy football?), target practice, going to the gym (try to go at least a few times a week), photography, shopping...

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
I'm 17 and a senior in high school. Besides my three regular classes, I'm also taking a dual enrollment class, History of Aviation, at my local community college. I applied to Exeter College in Oxford last week and I'll be applying Early Decision to Hamilton in New York. I plan to study English and after college, I want to open an aquarium store. Who needs a Business degree, right?

I work at a pet store, usually 2-3 days a week, which along with homework, takes up most of my time. I fear my fish suffer a bit from my neglect of things other than school work. Everyone seems pretty happy, so that's all that matters to me. In my non-existant spare time, I would hypothetically like to read (most anything), play video games (mainly RPGs), draw, write, attempt to get on this site and post because it's awesome, and make computer graphics. :)

I also adopted a cockatiel a few months ago, who requires quite a bit of attention. He's a brat and is trying to bite my fingers as I type.! :p