Well I did it! (Question inside)

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
ninamarie said:
MADISON was the merms name.
Thanks ninamarie! It's funny, you say that and it still doesn't ring a bell for me...I must be gettin' old, lol---No joke, I'll be 29 on Saturday...old man. *laughingc

Big Vine

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LOL Our house is a zoo! LOL We have

12 ball pythons
1 kingsnake
1 boa
1 gecko
1 betta
4 dwarf hamsters
2 dogs
a 75gal fish tank
12 rats
and 20 rat pups
Oh, and crickets and mealworms too, but there not pets LOL.

and there is always something new comming in.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Yeah, my babies LOL There so cute! LOL yeah there nails do get a bit long...

that's Dora.

I agree 29 is NOT old, heck when I was just bearly 18 I was dating a 29 yr old, you are still just a young buck! :)

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Ok, I know that this name has been thrown around alot lately but I think your new gecko's name should be Sunny! That picture just makes her/him look so happy and sunny! I like Brilla for the betta. vEry pretty and very appropriate.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
OK Brilla it is for the Betta. :)

As for the gecko... hummm, I will have to see what hubby thinks, we really were looking for something about her head markings. Would have named her Corona (her color and the crown look), but I named one of my ball pythons Corona already, LOL. If nothing about her head markings, I am thinking about something with her personality, but that's hard to describe, so hard for you guys to help. :(

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Umm, I'm telling ya, the second I saw that picture.... "Wow, what a sunny little gal" popped into my head. She just loks so happy and gives me a warm vibe!!! :D lol, but I know what you mean by wating to name her something with her markings. I like Corona ( I like your pythons, too).. lol, naw, seriously, anyway you can switch the names? I mean it isn't like they "know" their names like dogs and stuff anyway. But, yes, it is hard to just switch names, especially if the name really suits the current pet. I'm still stickin' with Sunny on that little gal though! She makes me happy looking at that picture!

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Beautiful betta Virgo! The white ones look so nice against a planted tank, and my neons really balance out the colors.

Guppy - you should get some commission or something, the pics of your beautiful betta convinced me and Virgo to go get one :D

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LOL Thanks guys.

MO, HAHAHA True, although it was more a combo of all the pretty betta pics around here and learning more about them that convinced me to get one, but as soon as I saw him I was excited to have soemthing that almost looks like Gabe! :)

His fins are starting to get really blue already! He's so georgious! He is by far my favorite fish I have ever owned and I haven't even had him 24 hours yet, I see a new addiction comming on! (Oh Great!... LOL) I do intend on eventually having that as a planted tank for him, so it will be awesome to see him against the greenery and dark substrate. :) He is so interactive, he hangs out by the sponge filter untill I walk in the room, then he swims right up to the front of the tank and begs for food LOL.

Shaunna, I would switch the names, but I already have Miller and Bud on the way! LOL Gotta keep them in the BP family. Hehe

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
yesterday I called my LFS, ok Petco, and asked Joan the fish chick there if she gets any bettas in today and if there isa turquoise CT to please call me and I will come get it.

So at lunch today I stopped in there and there were no bettas yet :( I hope they come in soon. I was also looking at the 1 gal 1 1/2 gal bowls for "eddie" but I can't get him one they look so small for him. besides he's just not my fish yet ( i hope soon). I like bearded draggies too they are so cute!

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
What about Buttercup?! *BOUNCINGS I think it would be so cute and kinda spunky for your little geko girl, and her markings are kind of a buttercup color...haha, and plus it reminds of Princess Bride, and I just loooove that movie, heehee. *twirlysmi

I like Brilla for your betta, is there a masculine form of Brilla, like Brillo or something? cause that would make it sound a lil' more masculine..just a thought