Well I did it! (Question inside)

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Awww, I used to have a chocolate lab named Buttercup!!!! Man, she was the greates dog ever!!!! We got her from a pet store (this is before I knew of puppy mills and what not) and she was not top quality lab by absolutely no means!! But, man did she have the absolute greates peresonality!!! Her personality made up everything she lacked as far as show material. Damn I miss that dog so much!

edit... oh, she was named after the candy btw!

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Haha, thats a great movie too, "I'm not turtley enough for the - Turtle Club?" haha, gets me everytime.

Man that betta bug, I think it's contagious too....I want another betta, heehee, I want them all!!! oh geez, we are sick *SICK* *laughingc

Have we decided on a name for the little girl yet?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LOL Actually, my brother's new puppy's name is Sandi and his kids come over to see the animals all the time, so that might be a little confusing LOL. I am starting to get tired of her not having a name though, I think I am going to do some google searching, hubby isn't much help. LOL

I am wanting to get Brilla out to the living room, right now she's in the snake room because I don't have a heater for the 6g and the snake room is heated, so it keeps the water warmer too. Trying to make a cheap supplies list to get the tank filtered, heated, hooded, and hopefully planted. Is there somewhere I can get smaller quantities of the planting substrates?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
It's hard to explain her personality, you kinda have to see her. She is funny, she doesn't like to be picked up (she wiggles right out of your hands), she has her favorite spot up on the glass by the heat lamp, she is lazy, even when she's hunting LOL, but she seems to like to watch us as much as we like to watch her. She has been trough so much, it's like putting a woman who has lived her whole life on the streets alone into a beach spa! LOL She is just soaking up all the stuff she has never had (regular food, proper vitamins and calcium, proper bedding, cover plants, and expecially the heat! LOL).

Pretty much all of her pics look the same LOL, she isn't the most photogenic gecko LOL. If I could post directly from my files I would post a lot more, but uploading them all the time gets really old, LOL.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
I think I have decided she won't be in this enclosure much longer, my friend is giving me a 40gal tall aquarium that she can't get to hold a seal, so I am thinking she might get that and a boyfriend before too long! :) Maybe even a couple friends. We'll see.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
OK, another question, here's the sanario...

Brilla is in a 6gal in the snake room with a pretty wimpy sponge filter that doesn't seem to work. No heater (the room is kept around 78*F, so don't really need one in there, that's why we put him in there) nothing else besides some fake plants floating (for the added "good bugs").

Problem #1... we live in a trailer so all of our plumbing is on one side of the house and our python won't reach the snake room.

Possible Solution #1... Go old school and use a piece of hose and a bucket for water changes.

Problem #2 ... filtration... that sponge filter is toast as soon as I can figure out what to do here.

Possible solution #2... Would a whisper 20 just make the tank a whirlpool? LOL I could seed it in my main tank for a while first. Or I have to buy some parts and get my Aqua Clear Mini up and running or just buy a whole new filter. Any suggestions?

Problem #3.... Brilla is not getting the attention he deserves, he should be out in the living room with us, but without a heater it would just be cruel, and I can't find a small heater anywhere, seems they all start at 20gal ratings.

Or I could put him in the 75gal with the rest of my fishies and hope he doesn't get in a fight with anyone? He seems peaceful, I floated him in the 75gal while I was filling his tank since I took the water from that tank and he didn't flair at the guppies or anything and the head/tail lights actually seemed to want to school with him LOL. Do you think it's worth the risk? There are only a few guppies, 2 head/tail light tetras and 1 oto in this huge tank, but I think there is too much water circulation for him, I may have to shut off the powerhead for my UGF.

One more thing, on his dorsal fin, there is a small red area on a small part of the tip, he is REALLY coloring up, so I was thinking maybe he just has a little random red, but it doesn't seem to be just color anymore, it looks to be wanting to fall off. It's the only thing on him to worry me. Should I do something for him? I don't have much on hand. Should I just keep the water clean and keep an eye on him?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
OK, well if I can find it locally I could get that, what about filtration? I can't order online right now and I am having a hard time finding a suitable filter too.

What do you think about some of the other ideas?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Is that the aqua clear mini? I have bits and pieces (pretty much everything but the pump) for the aqua clear min, but it won't work like it is! LOL

I want to move him to the living room, but there is no way we can afford the heater, filter, and hood right now. Even if I could, no way hubby would let me.