stupid pleco died

Feb 15, 2016
I very had a 13g tank for a while now with one guppy, one platy, andone molly in it. I bought a pleco from the store that was supposed to grow only four inches, which I read online is totally false and usually grow bigger. I bought algae wafers as well for him. When I took the pleco home, he wouldn't even swim out of his bag and just stuck to it. When he finally swam out, he went right to the filter and stuck to that, which is where he died 2 days later. In that time I tried to feed him wafers, cucumbers, peas, etc and he never even flinched. Stupid fish... I check all my water levels and everthings good. One thing I did notice when I bought him though was his belly had colors on it and looked sunken it. Idk how he would of starved in 2 days. I'm stumped......

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
he was already stressed and not eating enough at the fish store is my guess. a fish wouldn't have a sunken belly like that in just 2 days if it was being fed well and healthy. sorry to hear about the loss. you can try some octo cats as an alternative.