PETCO SUCKS

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
pecto

i am not at all satisfied with their service...
All the tanks are dirty and the fish are stressed out and mostly sick.:mad:

HOWS YOUR LOCAL PETCO?

Last edited:

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Yay, another thread to start an argument. And what i can pick out is the common variable in most of the new threads that have started arguments.

Converse:
If I am satisfied with Petcos service, then there tanks are fairly clean and the fish are healthy. (sorry just a little something from my plane and solid geometry class.

My Petco only has the occasional ich infestation and the fish are fine. Im fortunate to have a good Petco. Sorry i really shouldnt be adding to this should I?

- depthC

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Ouch so rude. If you were asking opinions please state that in your first post. As for starting an argument, the same subject has been here before and we all know this will lead to a argument as it has before.

- depthC

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
Originally posted by Fish are cool
No one is starting an argument!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm just asking for your personal opinion in your area... thats all
if you dont like the thread, then get out.
i never saw a question asked?

you have every right to be angry and/or displeased with the service of a LFS.

my caution to you is this:

the owner of petwarehouse.com is currently trying to sue some people for bascially trash-talking his corporation. i dont know any details, but i would be careful about doing this.
M

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Nothing, and im not trying to be rude. But this subject is bound for disaster as ive seen it dont before. Also Manguese is correct, there have been people sued for thrashing companies before so just becareful of what you say.

- depthC

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If you really want to take action, talk to the store manager about the situation. If you don't get a response you like, try talking to head office or sending them an e-mail. Posting your grievances here will only get other people's opinions, not solve the matter.

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
*snippity snip*

The petco in my area is clean, but maintaining clean _looking_ tanks isn't that hard. My concern with the Petco in my area is the apparent disregard for the fish that leave the store. They don't bother asking what kind of tank the fish will be going to. I don't want to support a store that does that.

And about petSwarehouse.com... that lawsuit has been all but dismissed...and Bob, the owner, is an insane psychopath (for lack of a better description)... I was a mod for his forums for a while, I was _banned_ for simply posting a link to an article on a site that happened to also have some negative discussion about his company on their boards. Does that sound like a rational person to you? Don't be afraid to share your experiences about stores...very few people are as nuts as Bob...

Last edited:

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Alright, alright. Ive read what was posted by myself and now seeing of how i made an ass out of myself. Ive seen posts about Petco,Petsmart,and Walmart on another board, fishprofiles i believe maybe a year or two ago and ive seen it turn into a flame war between others opinions. Thats why i felt so strong against it, now i see that i only started or added to it and wasnt preventing it. There really isnt much i can do right so my bad if ive offended ne one and expecially 'fish are cool' this wasnt meant to be turned into the somewhat of a 'war' it was turned into. My bad.

- dpethC

jeromegsp

Medium Fish
Aug 14, 2003
tx
Visit site
after my depression of my lost green spotted puffer i went out to get a filter for my new 20 gallon tank at PETCO....i saw 4 dwarf puffer in a tank all look like they haven't ate for weeks (reminds me of those christian charity shows on t.v.) felt so bad i bought them all...now i got 7 dwarf puffers...3 in 1 10 gal...and 3 in another remaining 2 went in my 20 gal......once the other 20 gallon cycles i'm gonna move 1 from each 10 gal and put them in there......i'm not gonna make a remark on petco but my little story should express how i feel

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
i say bullocks to all that not badmouthing nonsense.if a store is constantly in bad shape or sevice is bad say it loud and proud.stores don't want people to share their bad experinces with others.thats why there used to be a time way back in the olden days when people took pride in what they did for a living and the motto was "if you like our service tell a friend,in not tell the owner,boss manager etc.." why?because word of mouth is still the best form of advertisment.i don't give a damn what the t.v. tells me to buy but if a friend says to me "hey i really like product x"i will probably check it out,because i trust a friend before i trust corparate greed.trust your senses not flash and fluff.