PETCO SUCKS

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
Petco in my town isn't a good store for fish. I think they make a lot of money selling warm, furry animals and not so much on fish so they don't pay much attention to them. The tanks often have dead or sick fish in them. If they paid attention to their tanks they'd at least scoop out the dead ones - some of them are half eaten which makes me think they've been dead a while! I only go to Petco to buy fish supplies.

lightning

Large Fish
Dec 30, 2002
Texas
Visit site
if you have problems with the stores in your area, then do not do business with them, talk to store managers or owners, if that does not work report them to the human society, posting coments here about how bad the petco,walmart,petsmart etc stores does not do anything to resolve the issue at hand

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
I think you all need to remember that Petco, Petsmart and Walmart are chain stores (many stores all over) and just because one sucks, doesn't mean they all do!

It's just another lfs for you to use or not use and the difference in the stores is directly connected to the quality/knowledge of the people that work there. You can take the greatest lfs anyone can find, fire the staff and replace it with people who don't know what they are doing and in no time that store will suck!

If your Petco sucks...don't go there! Or better yet, why not talk to the people there and give some helpful advice/knowledge to them? The guy at our local Petco now knows how to tell the difference between male and female swordtails because of us, and I've heard him pass that info onto shoppers and other store members now.

So every lil bit of help you give them benefits you as well as other fishkeepers. It's easy to bitch about a place that isn't up to your expectations, but try to correct the problem, not just complain about it!

Originally posted by Managuense
my caution to you is this:

the owner of petwarehouse.com is currently trying to sue some people for bascially trash-talking his corporation. i dont know any details, but i would be careful about doing this.
M
Actually, the owner of petwarehouse.com isn't sueing anyone.

The domain you're thinking of is petswarehouse.com (plural). As it stands, the owner of petswarehouse.com is now the lawyer for the defendants, thanks to a funny twist of fate and a bit of libel recorded for the record by Novak, the guy that started the lawsuit. :)

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
thanks for clearing that up. i didnt know any real details (nor did i care too much) and while it seemed ridiculous that someone could be sued for expressing an opinion...... it is america! it wouldnt suprise me.

i want to sue McDonald's because their quarter pounders are "addictive" and cause weight gain.

ahhh..... it's a beautiful life
M

Balance

Large Fish
Jul 16, 2003
Aurora, IL
www.myspace.com
i'm with CatFishMike on this subject.

if you've got a complaint, Speak up about it.

the only way you will ever see any change in a LFS or a chain store is to get the manager/owner and let him know how you feel.

the only thing that I have to say about frivolous lible/defamation lawsuits is that if you're telling the TRUTH it can't be lible or defamation.

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
I dont have Petco here...the lfs's i do have range from good, to mediocre, and none ask me what size my tank is when i buy fish.
the only time i was asked a question about tanks is when i bought my puffer, and the guy working said that he should have his own tank. i try to go there as much as possible, but as luck would have it, its all the way in town.:(