New Smoking Ban in Bangor, Maine

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Honestly after page 2 of this thread...I simply stopped reading. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyhow, smoking in the car with your children is stupid, but this should not be a law.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
I think I am going to purchase a Groucho Marks eyebrow/glasses/moustache thing for my nephew and have this in the back at the ready - I'll either make him wear that or a paper bag when we cross the city line into Bangor.

I'm kidding*.

(*sorta) I want to go on record saying I don't smoke when he is in my car with me anyway...

Last edited:

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Breeze7050 said:
I agree it has been very interesting to read. I am so up in the air on all of these issues I have chosen not to post as Im unsure which way to go. I agree with both sides and have enjoyed reading what each of you has to say about this!
Same here. To me, it's 6 of one, a half dozen of another - I am not sure which side I feel more strongly about. I do, however, keep in my mind that the same City Councilors who passed this measure are some of our best customers who partake in our beverage services on a very regular basis. 'Nuf said? So "here" is really the only place where I can spout off and discuss it, if you catch my drift ;) I do not feel that they can tell me what to do in my own car, that I own, that I annually pay them registration money for the "privilege" of driving the same streets that they are now telling me comes with a few more catches. I'm also paying additional taxes up the ying yang (to the city/state/government) on those cigarettes that I have to smoke at their discretion.

It's really not that big of a deal to me, it's just an interesting move on Bangor City Council's part IMO.

Last edited:

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
i've been trying hard to keep my nose out of this discussion, but...

i saw a bumper stick on my way to work yesterday that said "at least i can still smoke in my car" :eek: :eek: