New job anxieties

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
I'm starting a new job on monday.... I meet the client this past week for about an hour, now I get to work with her one on one starting monday... I've done this kind of work before, but its been over a year since I've been in the field. My anxieties and insecurities are totally kicking up... Anyone else go thru panic before starting a new job? I know I'm pretty anxious most of the time, especially about new things, but I've just been powering through it... And I find out that I am pretty good in the end. Its just the thought of starting something new with a new client that has my low self eastern peeking through... Ugh... I'm so glass to be working again, but the anxiety sometimes makes me want to crawl back into bed and stay there... My Fish have it good, they only have to worry about eating and swimming...

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Just put one foot in front of the other and plow forward. It is usually the unknown that get us anxious, but if you know your business, once you start, you will just fall right into the groove! Have faith in your ability and go for it! Think of it as being an adventure!

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
Thanks all. I met my other 2 clients yesterday. They seem ok. I think I was worried that they would be totally out of control (autistic and mr clients) and be too much to handle on my own. turns out they are really sweet and their files are just their past behaviors, nothing recent. Gotta love how agencies focus on the crap and forget to tell you the strides people make...
Now my complication comes in with my other p/t job that is trying to get me full time. The problem is, they won't be able to pay me as much as this other job( they pay me double what my first job pays)... I really like both jobs, but my education lies in mental health, so I get more money there... I hate binds like this...