My Plant Journal

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
4-25-06: Microsword
I bought some microsword at the lfs on sunday. A lot of people said to get dwarf sag for the growth and some people said get microsword for the looks. I wanted a nice looking carpet plant so I got microsword. Here are the pics:
Full tank:

Microswords:

Comments Welcome:D

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Major Trim

4-30-06: Ambulia Trim
Hey guys, I just trim my ambulia to about 3 inches on each stalk about 3 days ago. Its already about 6 inches so it doubled its size:eek: All my plants are really healthy and I'm glad about that. I've read that you need very high light for micro sword to grow but I only have 1.5wpg and it's sending out some runners already! Stocking is 4 Mickey Mouse Platies 1 German Blue Ram and 2 Sailfin Mollies. Here is the pic:

Comments Welcome!:D

Last edited:

Smalltank3

Large Fish
Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Well, I thought I would update you guys with my tank. I know this update is short from the last one but you will see why I updated. My Ambulia is just growing really fast. Look at the picture in the 4-30 update then look at this one. It is really different. I also have new anacharis plants popping out of the ones I bought. i have 3 of them. In four days this is what happened. Here are the pics:

Anacharis New Growth

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Well, my ambulia has grown very long which it was curled at the top of my water. Both sides were like that, so I trimmed them both. I haven't updated on this for awhile so I have pics:D
Anyway, if you've noticed, I have my 10g planted in the rate my tank forum. That is just for comments and whatever you guys think I should do to make my tank better in your opinion. This thread is to record all the things I've done to my tank and the growth of my plants. I have the rasboras in there temporary until my brother's fry grow up. Here are the pics:
Full Tank:

Anacharis and its new growth stems:

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Update everyone!
First of all, thanks for the comments:D
So a couple days ago I moved my anacharis to the right side in front of the wisteria. I broke up the bunches of ambulia and planted the stalks indvidually all across the back part of the tank. I also added a female German Blue Ram today to hopefully success in breeding rams:D Here are the pics!
Full tank:

Female German Blue Ram: