Kenny's 20gL, shrimp10, 5.5gal, & 2.5gal

Apr 14, 2008
lol! Cute! It was a good idea that you put the mesh on the filter, tho...they are explorative little things and you've gotta be careful with how much they explore. :p

Don't rush into getting another betta cuz one will jump out at you when the time is right. :)

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Yup, I agree!! o_O Gotta do a head count!! .......Got em all!!!! XD

Question: My female Zebra Danio is chasing around the other ZD but they are smaller than her. Not necessarily male, but they're noticeably younger. Idk why she's chasing them cuz they're not chasing her. They're no nipping, just intense chasing. I'm positive that I have other females cuz some are starting to fatten up. Do you have any experience with Danios??

Yup, I totally agree. I want a Betta that will pop out to me with his personality and colors. :)

Apr 14, 2008
Yeah...I have 1 zebra that's about 2 years old now in the 55gal[the others have mysteriously died over time]. When they're in groups, they are kinda boisterous but not quite aggressive. Just beyond playful! lol Mine has kinda paired up with my ricefish. Those two are ALWAYS together and playing! Still you reminded me, I need to get some more when I can. :p

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Yeah, my one female Zebra got attached with my male Neon and always stayed by him for a month. Then I added 4 more to make a school and she won't even pay attention to him now. She's too busy chasing the others, especially my one longfin. *cough* such a whore *cough cough cough* :D XD

Apr 14, 2008
ROFL!!

Anyways, I finally got around to cleaning/trimming some of the tanks today...

Azazel and RCS:

My M calico BN pleco who's impossible to see sometimes[this picture doesn't help! xD]

The shrimp10:

[I trimmed it, I swear! xD ]

Side shot of my 2.5:

I'll be getting a new camera soon as I can and start taking some better pics...but hopefully these will work for now...

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lol well idk. I have 2 guppies in my 2.5 to keep it going and they seem to be staying in one spot (right bottom corner) and idk why. My heater and sponge filter take up 1/3 of the tank and I have an air stone and java moss. Don't get me wrong, it's not crowded, but it's just tiny. Even the gravel seems bigger in that tank. I hate it. xP

Apr 14, 2008
lol! Well...you could switch the sand to gravel to eliminate one of those problems... :p [[get black sand!!]]

BTW: Just FWIW, sitting on check. Ugh. Want to buy tank but haven't yet...I fail! :-/

Apr 14, 2008
Got them. xD Just gonna have to wait for their arrival.

I also got a new pump for the reef since I killed my other one. :p Just felt like throwing that out there.

Anyways, I seen that tank in WM and I can't help but to think about getting one and seeing if I can't 'scape it[and if I could, IDK what to do from there. lol]

Apr 14, 2008
ROFL! Well...it takes a few tries for me to get my tanks where I want them[after going looking for DW/rocks/cheap substrate]. Drives me crazy!

Despite having so many bettas, tho...I'm still tempted by more...salamander butterfly halfmoon plakat, platinum HMPK, blue dragon mustard gas HMPK, blue/red marbles[butterflies], green delta, a variety of FMs, etc. so IDK, I might get more tanks anyways. :p

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Agreed on the bettas!! Only mustard gas?? Ew.....lol. Anywho, I learned how to tell the differences of a male and female plakat, only do you think that a male would be good with my kuhlis, danios, and tetras?? I heard that they can be more aggressive than others...

Apr 14, 2008
I wouldn't say that they're any more aggressive then any other fish, to be honest. Like my clownfish takes to ripping into the flesh of the webbing between my fingers now and bettas are *MUCH* more docile then that so yeah. :p Arc gets moody, but none of my bettas have flat out tried to kill anything other then RCS[even plakats]. You may see chasing and flaring but I think that'd be the extent of it. I'd go for it. :p

And don't knock MGs... :p

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
NO SKINNY DIPPING!?!?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!! That just made my day!!! xD xD xD xD xD

Anywho, what type of Betta is this?? Tail colors I mean. I see it on plakats a lot.

I WANT ONE LIKE THIS!!!! xD

Another example

This is a Dragon Plakat, right??

BTW, this weekend, I'm hoping to get your plants/some shrimp and my dad is going to take me to Petsmart to look for Bettas. I'm definitely getting a male, but I might put either another male or another female in my Platy and Guppy tank.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
:p

Oh and cuz I'm bored and keep randomly coming back to this forum, bettas!:

And a finally clear pic of the shrimp10:

YAY for having a job to buy some of the stuff I want for these tanks again! :D

However, since I'm getting $...I'm gonna start saving it up in order to move with my friend to WA...soooo excited about that!