Kenny's 20gL, shrimp10, 5.5gal, & 2.5gal

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Sorry, Kiara, but you sound like a very angry person and you are going to really have to learn to control that when you are dealing with customers. Any four letter or derogatory terms will surely get you in trouble - and there will be customers that are difficult just like there are demanding & difficult patients (and their families) in the hospital.

Best Wishes to your wife, Kerry. That is quite a goal. I can't remember what the requirements were, but I didn't start young enough to get that far.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
People are like that, I grew up being made fun of because I stuttered SSSOOOOO bad. I stuttered to bad I am surprised I didn't type that way. It was pretty awful until I started to get over it in my very late teens. Only had a couple three friends really. It did offer me some good things, it kept me to myself so I am very mechanical and technical person. There is not any car, truck, farm equipment, or house, or home problem that i can not repair, upgrade, or build. Because of this ability I own my own business and am smart enough to make money at it. I like to go to my high school reunions and rub it in a bit, now thats FUN!!!! You just do what you are good at, life will come to you if you let it.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
No, Thyra. It wasn't with customers. I was walking on the sidewalk going to lunch and these random teens walked up to me and did this. The customers are older people well into their 30's and older. I would never say that in a store. D:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Kerry, if your job includes fish. HIRE MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz!! So what type of business do you own. I don't recall you saying much about it... O_O *stares intently waiting for an answer*

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I run a business that sells customized performance auto parts. People get these Hot Rod cars and build the motors to make hundreds of horse power more then the stock motors did so they also need to beef up their transmission to hold up to these greater forces of power. Thats what I do, I specialize in Automatic Performance Torque Converter building and Performance parts for these transmission along with offering the whole transmission as a package deal already beefed up to handle hundreds and up to over one thousand horse power. I also dabble in some manual transmission parts along with speedometer gear correction for when people change the axle gear ratios or tire sizes.
I own a dozen or so internet sites where I sell this online as well. #1 Billet Torque converter, cummins billet torque converter, stall converter , #2 Torque Converter, Manual Transmission Rebuild Kit, Fuel rail cover, flexplate, flywheel , and #3 Built Right Automatic Transmissions 700r4 AOD 48re 4L60E 4L80E just to name a couple. This keeps me busy from about 5 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday to Friday and on the weekend I may sometimes do a couple to a few hours of website improvements as I build an maintain my own sites.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
That's cool!! I come to work with my dad (like I am now) and he is a professional auto mechanic. He's really good and just by listening to the sound a car makes he can tell what's wrong with it. I luv ma daddah!! *cough*even though he hates supporting my hobby*cough cough* XD

Apr 14, 2008
cuz i don't have the other dividers for 10 no.2 yet. he was a tail biter i wanted to give a better life.

and btw, no. mah shrimp tank! it wasn't hard to make, just had to grow in.

Last edited:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I'm still gonna steal it. XD I'm gonna find where you live and swype it!! XD

Also, do you think I can keep a 2.5g LED hood on the most planted part of my 10g tank until I fix the hood??

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
What spectrum is the LED's? If they are from 2700K to 5000K you should be ok. Once you start to go over 6500K to 8000K the plant growing starts to fall off. I have 18000K on my tanks and even have a hard time growing algae, darn it, thats such a disappointment!!!! LOL. The more red spectrum the light the better the plant growth is.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I don't really know. I have to read the package. It's this tank and hood: Hawkeye 2.5 Gallon BettaWave. You can select just white, blue, or a mixture of both. Plus, since it's for a 2.5 gallon, I'm pretty sure that it would be around 2700K to 5000K.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
The blue will be in the area of 490nm-ish and will not benefit plant growth much at all but, they do look really kewl at night. The best white LED's would be ones labeled soft/warm white or (bright) white. Cool white and daylight will still be ok for plant growth as well. I would not think that kit would have anything over the 8000K so it would be ok if its bright enough. I do not grow plants but, I do grow a lot of algae. I would say you would want the total white LED's to be at least 12 to 18 watts to get good penetration in a ten gal. for plant growth.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Thanks Kc. It says soft white and I'll use that. I have ribbon plants (noticed after I bought them that they are semi aquatic, damn), wisteria (won't stay in the gravel so I'm letting it float), and a crappy java fern.

Cool kenny!! Imma steal him too!! XD nice unique name too.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Val: You wouldn't like the tank as it sits. lol

It's a mess:
Hah, your tanks look like Takashi Amano's work compared to mine! I should post pics, but I am uber ashamed of them XD water chemistry is perfect they just look narsty.\

Kiara, congrats! I would love to have a job like that but the local aquarium store is run in a guy's garage so he doesn't need employees, and for the other sucky/gross/stinky/ignorant chain store you have to be like 18, and I wouldn't even want to work there. It sounds like you'll have fun! You got your dream job lol

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lol Val, yes I will!! Narsty, lol. It might have been a mistake but I still like the word like that. XD You should've seen my tank when I first set it up. A heater, a filter, and gravel. Then I added terra cotta pots and plants that refuse to stay in the freaking gravel!!! DX

Shame on mez!! You can send them anytime now. I'm getting CLFs today and I'm gonna be home, so you can send them. I can't wait to get them!!! Does your wisteria have roots?? And how are all the plants doing in general??

Apr 14, 2008
Yeah, I'm gonna send you a PM, Kiara...I kinda messed up in the shuffle with everything else last week... :(

In any case, here's what else I'm getting with Wendigo!:

Plus a 5 gallon flat back hex tank. I'm not sure about the 'scape...but something will happen...

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Pretty!! I need another HM or a Dragon. :'( I drew a pretty good picture of Daemon. I'm still upset. He died on Friday along with my female.

On the brighter side, in his tank,
I got 5 Zebra Danios and 3 Banded Kuhli Loaches. My Black Kuhlis are 3 inches and my Banded Kuhlis are a little under half of that. They were in a breeder net at my lfs and I had to get them since I never saw Banded Kuhlis before. I had to put mesh on the filter, cuz
I released them and one purposely swam up the filter intake. XD He was fine and I can distinguish them by their markings and my Black Kuhlis by their shade of black.