Husband says "no more fish".....

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
My husband and I are having an arg....umm, debate. He says no more fish, I say a few more nice little community fishies would be fine. My signature states everything we have in the tank, excluding the pond fish of course. Tell me what you all think. Your answers will determine who wins our "debate". lol

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
Iapetus, you have a good point there. But really, how many babies would actually survive on their own in the tank? I'll give this vote to my husband, just on the off chance that ALL the babies survived.

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
I think you could add more, but you might want to wait, if it's a new tank until things have settled. Adding a lot of fish in a short period of time can mean upset fish/disease.
I understand about not adding a whole lot of fish all at once. I wasn't planning on adding any more real soon, but in the future. Husband's opinion is that we arn't getting any more fish for this tank. In other words, what we have is enough. I'll be patient and wait to add more, I promise. *thumbsups

Sep 11, 2007
www.forrestcook.com
can those little frogs even compete for food in that tank? I had to move my one big ADF into a 10 gallon wth only a betta and 4 shrimp... otherwise all his food would get eaten by the community fish prior to him even realizing it was there.

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
can those little frogs even compete for food in that tank? I had to move my one big ADF into a 10 gallon wth only a betta and 4 shrimp... otherwise all his food would get eaten by the community fish prior to him even realizing it was there.
We always make sure they get their fair share, don't worry. They've been doing great!

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
I bolded the relevant section *celebrate

other then that, i wouldn't get to many more fishies, might get a little hectic to look at imho
hmmmm, I have been eyeing a 400g.........I don't think I have a big enough wall for it though lol

You have a point with the 210 being a bit too hectic to look at if we add too much more though. Definately something to consider. Hadn't thought of that to be honest.

C4cache

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Utah
The husband is going down in a blaze of glory! I love it! lol

I think I would like to increase the schools of fish we have before I look into another species to add. Would like more tiger barbs, maybe some more danios.
Also, have heard that pictus catfish are very aggressive??? The guy we have is pretty shy, keeps to himself in his little cave most of the time, doesn't bother anyone....yet. He is pretty small though. Am I in for trouble down the road with him? Keep your votes comin' guys. This is great!