Ghost Shrimp?

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
really? i have yet to see my shrimp eat a flake.

Usually I just see them sitting around, cleaning themselves like a cat..or is that how they eat? They have this fast scooping motion with their front legs..

Bruckm

Large Fish
Mar 31, 2004
Texas
Visit site
If you're ever in the Houston area we'll go shrimpin' for free. I caught more ghost shrimp than I can count on my in-law's farm this weekend. Probably 100-150. I caught 3 one day while looking for striped mnnows. Then my brother-in-law told me a trick and it was Katie-bar-the-door. I was thinking of poor Stevie over in Ireland with his 1 Euro ghost shrimp there.

Now, how to rid them of parasites/etc... without killing them.

Any ideas? Are they even a host?

DKEpp81

Small Fish
Jun 15, 2005
Hey Grymatta , where are you located exactly?? I just found a shop today that has ghost shrimp, its in Clifton, NJ. They are called Absolutley Fish, located on Rt. 46 West. Phone # is 973-365-0200

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
thanks DKE!

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. I know where CLifton is..maybe I'll swing by and check it out. I already got some amanos and I'm happy with em..so maybe I'll just stick with them for now.

derajer

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2005
Ankeny, Iowa
Shrimp generally do OK in community tanks, looking at your list of fish though your cichlids might eat them. The RAMs might be OK about them though. Ghost shrimp are so cheap to buy per dozen that I throw a dozen in my tank perodically and let them get eatin, while they're alive they clean up stuff on the bottom of the tank.