crayfish

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
You're welcome.
I hope you manage to find some blue crays in your area fish stores...if not, maybe there are others who are familiar with where to get them in your area?

If not, you might have to travel a bit to find some, or see where you might be able to order one from...which would probably be fairly pricey. Check out www.bluecrayfish.com which has all sorts of info. on many types of crayfish, along with a little forum too, which I recently joined. Thank you to fishlover1 for referring me to that site. :)

Good luck.
Big Vine

Jan 24, 2006
yea if your tank has appropiate water it can. the only concern is since is wild it might have diseases or somtimes die casue of the change of envirment. but most of the times it works people go crayfishing all the time.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
yahoofishkeeper said:
even if it has a disease, it will be in a tank by its self, so no spreading.
Yes, but this is only true if you keep separate tank maintenance equipment such as buckets, hoses, etc., for the tank that it's in---otherwise you do run a high risk of cross-contamination (if the cray and/or its water is infected with some sort of disease and/or other contaminant) and you use the same equipment in multiple tanks.

Big Vine

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Oh, okay. Too bad they don't have the blue crays in your area at the moment. The store I got mine from was all sold-out the other day, but I did see 3 at another place just over the weekend.

Congratulations on getting those cichlids! What tank are you putting them in?

Big Vine

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Congratulations!

Did you end up ordering him from bluecrayfish.com?
When will you get him? Let us know.

So you're putting it in a 10 gallon tank that's already up and running? Anything else in the tank? Any plans for putting anything else in there with the cray?

I'm excited for you! Please do keep us posted.

Big Vine ;)

yes, i ordered it from www.bluecrayfish.com
i dont know when i will get him. how do i find out?
yes, ten is up and running.
a blue crayfish i bought today from the pet store for $1 is in the tank now. im not sure what kind, its just blue.
that is all that will be in the tank.
i'm really excited too. i cant wait till it gets here!

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
yahoofishkeeper said:
i dont know when i will get him. how do i find out?
Depends largely on availability, I would imagine. I'm assuming your mom ordered it for you? If so, then she would probably have a better idea about the shipping options and how long it would take to reach you.

yahoofishkeeper said:
a blue crayfish i bought today from the pet store for $1 is in the tank now. im not sure what kind, its just blue.
that is all that will be in the tank.
Wait! So you're saying that you now already have a 10 gallon tank with that little $1.00 crayfish in it? AND you also have another 10 gallon tank waiting for the crayfish that you ordered?

Whatever you do, make sure you don't put them in a tank together! The little one will become dinner really quick. :eek:

Big Vine :)