Caught me a Cray :)

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
silver dollars...if you're actually worried about any of this, my suggestion would be to make a note of the park ranger's name. If by some miracle you are in any way interrogated about any of your crayfishing adventures, you can then state that so and so (insert park ranger's name) informed you that it was perfectly fine to collect live specimens to keep as pets.

Too bad I missed the post you deleted, Brian...sounds like it was a dandy, lol.
BV

Bl33dy

Medium Fish
Jun 22, 2008
Vidor, Texas
that is a nice lookin crawfish.

i had caught a crawfish lookin around the same size as that (pretty big;) a few months ago, and put him in my tank, but it was trouble from the get go.

to start, he ate all my gouramis, than after all those were gone, my convicts nipped at him and one day when i woke up, both his eyes had been eatin off and he pretty much went crazy, runnin across the tank bumpin into things. i ended up feeding him ot my dads oscar because i didnt know what else to do with him, and he would have surely died from the cichlids.

anyway, be sure you have a nice hiding spot for him, because i put a very small crawfish in there after my big one died, and he has done great.

he has a nice little cubby hole to hide in, and doesnt mess with the convict fry, only comes out when i drop somne food in for him:)