2009 POTM ideas?

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
How about this: We wait to see how many entries we get for the current month we are accepting entries for (December - "Breeding Pairs Of Fish"). And - we all think about what we would like for 2009 (do we want to keep breeding pairs of fish if we only get a couple entrants??) Let's just all decide on what we want January 2009's contest to be - this will give us through December 1st - and from there we can decide on what the rest of 2009 should be. I'll post a poll in the LOUNGE asking for feedback on what we want January's contest to be...and we can then decide on the rest of the year.

Sound ok?

And brian1973 - many thanks for your kind words. I so enjoy helping MFT with this contest and I'm sorry I am not spot-on with my knowledge sometimes. :/

Bottem feeders HAVE to stay. I like seeing cute catfish.
Also so does cichlids breeding pairs and labyrinth fish.

Rest is junk in my eyes.
Dude, you gotta think of what other people want as well. Not just you. I agree that livebearers should probably stay do to the vast amounts that are out there, but personally, I don't think the breeding pairs should continue, but we will see. :)

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
We are getting close to what we want 2009 to look like...please list your wants/comments/suggestions as to what you would like to see for the POTM contests for 2009. Pretty soon we will need to post what February's contest will be. If you respond - please post what you want the whole year's POTM contest to look like, month by month. Thanks! *thumbsups

JANUARY - 2008 POTY / "Best In Show 2009"
FEBRUARY - ?
MARCH - ?
APRIL - ?
MAY - ?
JUNE - ?
JULY - ?
AUGUST - ?
SEPTEMBER - ?
OCTOBER - ?
NOVEMBER - ?
DECEMBER - ?

I'll post the 2009 POTM entry rules on February 1st after everyone posts their opinions in this thread!

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
An ugly fish to one person might be the most beautiful fish in the water to another, this would be to objective IMHO. Plus I doubt enough members would want to send in photo's of their fish calling them 'ugly'. The 'worst' tank, or what ever it was called a few years ago did terrible as far as entries went if I recall correctly.