WOW: I don't believe it, did you say 210g

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
I will probably get a certain amount of backlash from this suggestion, but I would get a piece of flexiglas mirror (I think that is a trade name) cut to fit that end. Its plexiglass and light weight and if it is cut properly the bottom can rest on the frame and you can tape the top inconspicuously to the top frame. I cut it myself with a scroll saw, (but should you do that don't put masking tape on the back side to run the saw on - you will pull the backing off the mirror when removing) I have used the mirror on two of my tanks and have not had any problems with fish being obsessed as some warned. I have bettas and angels in the tanks (besides other community fish). I would actually use it on all my tanks because it effectively hides all the wires, etc. but I have no more left. (Angels are the only cichlids I have)
Thyra That is an interesting idea, I have seen tanks with a mirror in the back and have kind of liked the look of them, but I haven't seen one with fish in yet. But I'm not expecting algae to be a problem, our house is completely cover over with trees so in the summer there is no direct sunlight, I have a 30g in front of a west facing window with no backing on it and at times in the spring the pleco will get a little behind but when the trees get full leaves the plecos always catch up, most the time I have to drop algae wafers to keep them properly fed.

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
The 220 is up, running and full of fish, I instant cycled it using 4 prefilter baskets from the emperors off existing tanks and used one complete FX5 from the 150g, my numbers this morning are ammonia,0 nitrite,0 nitrate>5 <10 . I spent all day saturday and about 4 hrs sunday moving fish. My 30g, 90g are empty. and the 36 bow is now holding 17 baby koi angels (not so small any more), every one looks very happy, I believe it is true as long as the fish can see their owners they will adjust quickly, it only took about 3 hrs of being with them when they showed signs of wanting to eat, the chocolate started pushing the glass top open and letting it drop shut that's his dinner bell, I love all my fish but that one is very special.

I still have some work to do, add a back ground, plants and cover the air lines.

click here to see video, 220g - YouTube

Attachments

Last edited:

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
love the angels, their beautiful. they going in the 90g when their grown?

severums are soo beauiful., bet their loving the new tank
Fuzz I sold the 90g to my son, we decided on four display tanks the 36 bow, 45g, 150g and the 220g, and we are keeping the 29g for a hospital tank, we also think the sevrums are a beautiful fish with lots of personality, the 150g will become an angel tank, as for the 17 baby koi angels we are looking for good homes for them, the LFS made a good offer but we decided it would be best for the fish and us to know where they are going, don't want them dying in some ones starter tank do to poor water conditions, or a poor choice of tank mates, I would offer you some but knowing you put a bear and wolf in the same tank is a strike against you.
:D

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Update, as you can see I used black fleece for the back ground, covered the airlines and hard piped the intakes for the canisters. The tank now has four canister filters, three FX5's, one 406 and two emperor 400's for polishing. I have yet to clean the glass on the inside, algae is a none issue but the pleco is very happy and is doing a great job, but he does patrol the bottom of the tank at feeding time he seems to like finding pieces of krill and shrimp, anyways here are the photos hope you enjoy.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Apr 27, 2012
Lexington, KY
Beautiful Tank!!! I wish I had the room for a 210 but with 2 100+ tanks already i think im done upgrading for a few years. SUPER JEALOUS!!!
Update, as you can see I used black fleece for the back ground, covered the airlines and hard piped the intakes for the canisters. The tank now has four canister filters, three FX5's, one 406 and two emperor 400's for polishing. I have yet to clean the glass on the inside, algae is a none issue but the pleco is very happy and is doing a great job, but he does patrol the bottom of the tank at feeding time he seems to like finding pieces of krill and shrimp, anyways here are the photos hope you enjoy.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket