woohoo...they weren't kidding...

cherry shrimp do breed like rabbits *thumbsups

I was cleaning my guppy tank last night and I start looking and there's prob 10-15 baby shrimp in my java moss...and this is not even in my 'shrimp breeding tank'...then I move my breeders into a larger tank, and I find nearly 30 little EENY babies in there...I've got SHRIMPIES!!! *laughingc

My LFS is impatiently awaiting them to be saleable size...me too for that matter. LOL

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i wish i could buy them on line but when its about 115 degrees out here it would be pointless. i am geting them for my birthday. wat i would give to be in cali right now by the beach. good luck with the babies and could you post some pics of the cherries please.

Delta - I'll sell to yo, once the weather has calmed down ;)

Froggy - you bet! trade, paypal...however you want to work it...it'll be a couple months till they are ready...but ya, I am planning on selling what i don't need, either to MFT memebers or the LFS. Whoever wants them :) Let me know next time you are on the west slope and we'll see if I have any ready to go. :)

ram man - I will try to get pics here soon...i'm not the best photographer <blush>

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Fish Friend said:
How come you cant send fish when is '115' degrees ? is it cause they will practically fry in the heat ??

Do you have any idea how hot 115° is? I live in AZ and it was 118° the other day. You walk outside and it's like stepping into an oven. Then again, you live in the UK where people start griping at it being 90° Lol. 90° is like a night-time low here, and actually, it's pretty comfortable.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Yeah, 115 Farenheit = 46 Celcius. Even a few hours on a truck or in a sorting facility, even with Styrofoam insulation, will kill shrimp or fish pretty quickly. :(

I don't like to send or receive any live stuff in summer or winter, it's too risky, IMO.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
twoluvcats said:
Froggy - you bet! trade, paypal...however you want to work it...it'll be a couple months till they are ready...but ya, I am planning on selling what i don't need, either to MFT memebers or the LFS. Whoever wants them :) Let me know next time you are on the west slope and we'll see if I have any ready to go. :)
Sweet, well let me know when you think they're big enough to handle a car ride over the mountains and I'll just make a trip out there. I'll either pay ya (what you thinking of charging?) or if I have something that you want to trade me for let me know :)