Wonder what these are...

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
dang if only otos were well documented for breeding. then we could jsut search online about what oto eggs look like. I'm going to say snail for this one as well, but we can all hope for the otos. you did have them breed before after all. did you take note of what their eggs looked like?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
snails of the genus Physa lay eggs that look exactly like that. I know becuase I have them in my tank. many of you guys do too, they are called the nuisance "pond" snails and are the smallish little brown snails that come in pop blooms like no other snail (except maybe ramshorns)

anyway your second pic Orange makes the eggs look the same as the ones you posted in the first post. so I think they're oto eggs now as well. congrads if they are :)

Feb 27, 2009
I've kept dwarf puffers in this tank prior to the otos joining them, and I'm pretty sure they took out all the non-MTS snails I may have had in there in over a year in there. I've not 'transplanted' any plants TO this tank (but have moved trimmings FROM it to other tanks), so no hitchhiking eggs or snails.

Once I took the puffers out (they live in a diff tank now), I then added a few MTS.

I'm not convinced they are oto eggs anymore, as they have not hatched. Perhaps non-viable eggs...dunno. The last time, they hatched on day 3. This may be another species, so I'll leave em until they hatch or dissappear. But I don't think I have oto fry in my future :(