Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eggs

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Cam3234

New Fish
Jun 2, 2016
Atlanta
Hi, this is my first time posting. I was just doing a weekly water change on my 55 gal freshwater tank and noticed lots of what I though to be "trash floating in the water. After a closer look I noticed these little whitish grey balls were only on one side of the tank near one of my black convicts favorite hiding spot. There are dozens of these balls on the gravel and I can't quite figure out what they are. Did a little research and think it may be eggs...

2 angelfish
2 dwarf gouramis
5 hatchets
2 black convicts

I also have/had 4 shrimp but they are MIA.
Any input would be great

Attachments

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
welcome to MFT! i thought the eggs would be more in clusters and not all spread out on the gravel like that. and they all seem to be in different shapes.

have you picked one up to feel it? maybe it's filter media that broke apart?

Cam3234

New Fish
Jun 2, 2016
Atlanta
Thanks, glad to be here. I havemt messed with them yet cause i didnt know what they were. My filter is on the other side, could it still be filter media. It's weird that it's only on one side. Thanks for the reply!

welcome to MFT! i thought the eggs would be more in clusters and not all spread out on the gravel like that. and they all seem to be in different shapes.

have you picked one up to feel it? maybe it's filter media that broke apart?

Jun 6, 2016
Do you own any mystery snails or snails in general? If so, I had 2 mystery snails in my 10 gallon tank and noticed white balls. Then I looked at the lid and found mystery snail eggs or clusters
:)

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I'm not sure what they are, but they don't look like eggs to me. They are irregularly shaped with some distinct edges on some.

Any kids at home who may have "fed" the fish anything?

I suspect the shrimp have become angel and/or convict meals...

Jan 21, 2017
It very well could be a sickness. Because I've been researching and also my friends fish died because there was white stuff in the tank. Ask a specialized fish sales person because thy will know so go to like Petsmart or Petco. I'd do it as soon as possible.