what do i feed a...

TLH

Large Fish
Jun 27, 2005
Northants;England
Well if you've been feeding it neons happily you could just start breeding guppies,or any livebearer for that matter.They multiply quite quickly and give a good return for your money.

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
I also see something called feeder fish in a tank all to themselves at my local walmart. They are so many cents apiece. Maybe those? I don't know what these fish are I haven't inquired about them, anybody else know?

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
The name of those fish are rosy red feeders. They have just a slightly pinkish tint to them. $.28 a piece. I just discovered that there isn't a "cents" sign on the keyboard. Interesting. Neway, rosy red, there you go.

brit_s86

Large Fish
Mar 28, 2005
i sometimes buy my fish feeder fish.usually not from walmart,but on if im shopping and im there...why not.i have bought many comets as feeder fish from pet land,asnd had them in there own tank,used water from my tank which i have no problems with and in 2 days 29 outta 35 died.....i never bought fish from petland again!!!

MaryPa

Small Fish
Oct 11, 2005
Glen Rock Pa.
Please don`t but fish from Wal-Mart, especially feeders like mentioned they are usually sick. It best to breed your own if your feeding breeders.That way you`ll know they`re healthy fish.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Good morning Mary!

Don't worry about transferring disease from feeders to your shrimp. The 2 species are not disease transferable, meaning what bothers fish doesn't bother inverts.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If you have a spare tank, it's a great idea to raise your own feeders. Guppies are ideal for this as they breed fast.

Even if fish diseases don't transfer to inverts, you'll still be giving him the healthiest food available.

I wouldn't feed him exclusively feeders, though. There are plenty of prepared foods, and specialty crab/lobster foods you can give him that have balanced nutrition.

Actually i did; i went to get bamboo shrimp, but they had these. Im glad i only got one i should have researched before i bought it but thats what i get for being impulsive.
long arm prawn- $6.99
30 gal tank setup- $60
10 $.99 fish every week - $9.90 x forever...
watching a long-arm prawn catch neons - priceless