We Lost Our Beloved Morgan

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
:( I cant post details atm as Im too shooken up but we have lost our oldest dog Morgan this afternoon. She will be greatly missed. Im still in shock.........:(

R.I.P Morgan

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. I know how much your heart is breaking right now having lost one of my furry family members in October. Keep your head high and remember all the great times you had together and remember what a good life she had with you and your family.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
OMG!!!! Jess and Jordan I am so sincerely sorry for your loss. My heart is aching right now for you :(. I'm so sorry. Please call me if you want (you have my cellphone#...& I'll PM you my home phone)
RIP Miss Morgan, you beautiful girl!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks everyone, really. Well things were pretty unexpected. We had noticed her loosing weight about 6 months ago. We increased her feeding and it didnt seem to change anything. Over time she started loosing more weight. We took her to the vet to have her looked at. They took some blood for a few tests, and gave her a look over and they could find nothing wrong with her. They told us that some older dogs either gain a ton of weight or loose alot when they get older. The vet told us to feed her twice a day and give her the same amount of dry we were giving her but add half a can to it. They also suggested getting her some puppy food, to help with weight. So we mixed adult dog food with puppy food and gave her some can food with her meals. She seemed to keep a steady weight until about 2-3 weeks ago. There were a few expensive blood tests and treatment we could have tried but we just couldn't afford it and by then it may have been too advanced to do anything. Hubby is not one to spend a ton of money on a dog especially if there is still a big chance of them not pulling through. So we figured we would give her the best time we could for however long she was gonna be with us. This morning she reluctantly went out, peed and headed straight back to the apartment completely ignoring us. She curled up in a corner under the dining room table (its pushed against the wall) and never got up. I'm still in shock and cannot believe what has happened, even though I knew it was coming. I just..........:(

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
aww I'm crying for you....I'm sooo sorry that you had to go through that. We are all here for you to lean on whenever you need it. I wish I was there to give you a hug. She was a beautiful dog, same colours as my Terror. RIP Morgan.