Wardley/Hartz Shrimp Pellets Discontinued

Leopardess

Superstar Fish
Tihs was posted by a respectable member (Ewok) on AquariaCentral. Thought I'd pass it along as I know I'm not the only one here who uses them. Buy 'em while you can get 'em:(

"wardley/hartz has discontinued shrimp pellets!
get em while you can folks........ you won't be getting them much longer.

when i was in the stores buying food recently i noticed i was having problems finding these. so i emailed hartz to find out why.......

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Case #: 43521

In response to your inquiry, the shrimp pellets have been discontinued.
At present, there is no replacement product.

Hartz Mountain Corp.
Consumer Relations Dept.
400 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
(800) 275-1414

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that sucks!

these are argueably one of their best products....... "

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
this is a sad day in loach history....as we speak my ten loach assault team in two fish groups will infiltrate the wardley/hartz compound and hack into the systen files and change this travesty of justice.....okay maybe not. maybe im going to walmart tommorrow to buy a case and put em in the freezer.:( and look for a new brand like Leo said:D

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
hey- on the pleco feeding thread I posted earlier, someone (I think Somonas) said that in buying dry food you should buy the smallest portion because the nutrients become inert after a little bit of being open( I hope I didn't butcher that in trying to paraphrase, sorry if I did) would putting the food in the freezer extend the shelf life?

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
actualy it was me but he may have said it too i haven't been reading very well lately.i don't think it would actualy help much,if anything it could be detrimental.most food canisters are made with cardboard or plastic.the cardboard could absorb moisture and transfer that to the food stored inside,even though the can is still sealed.vacuum packing your food would be the optimum choice.plastic would be fine untill you opened it and then the same thing would happen,the food take on moisture from the freezer,because of the lack of an airtight seal.