Tiger Oscar + Rhino Pleco

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
Wow. yah, nice pics. i've got to go with black background when i set up my tanks. that oscar just pops out. what are the plants at the top of the tank? are they real or fake? Pleco is cool looking. how big is it?

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Thanks guys!
what are the plants at the top of the tank? are they real or fake? Pleco is cool looking. how big is it?
They are fake floating lillypads...the kind they sell typically for outdoor ponds. I originally got those at a PetCo, I think it was, but recently I've noticed a lot of them on sale at Lowe's---this is the time of year to get a hold of them!

I got that rhino pleco at a local fish store here in town.
It's weird how it worked out. At first I had requested one from the owner of the store when he mentioned there were a couple he could get his hands on for his next delivery from Tampa Bay. Well, after calling back a couple times they told me the wholesaler already sold them.

Anyway, just happened to be in there a couple weeks ago, and lo and behold there's this guy in and amongst the sailfins in the big CA/SA cichlid tank, so I nabbed him up right away!

He's about 10" total length, give or take.
BV