The Discus

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
3 discus is not a good opinion as in my experience they mean SOB's amongst themselves. Get at least 5 or 6 , preferably 8, at the same time to cut out, diffuse the squabbling.
I found if I had a big tank and a willingness to do lots of water changes discus were not hard. There is no room for slack tho' - discus were higher maintenance than my reef.

flash

New Fish
Aug 23, 2006
MI
I like your discus Cichlid-man and pure,
I used to have a pair discus, cardinal tetras, and a pair GBR in 29 gallon high, when my GBR was spawning, the male get really aggresive/protective even towards the discus! Lol.
but I moved, so I sold my discus and my tank and move on with much smaller tank with only tetras which is easier for me to move around.

Sep 9, 2006
Hi guys, congrats on a great site with plenty of information.

I've been breeding numerous types of fish for years, but have always steered clear of discus. After considerable thought I'm thinking of stepping up and giving it a go.

I've got a spare 45gal tank thats been running for a few years as a community tank. It's well cycled and in perfect condition, but my concern is its size. I'd like to start with some juveniles and pair them up naturally. Could this tank hold 6 juveniles safely?

Status
Not open for further replies.