Talk! :-)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yes barb that's a good point you made. I don't think the tattoos are only for white trash I'm just saying that I think when someone covers their body in distasteful tattoos and then goes around they look pretty bad. I don't mind tattoos as long as they're good and look nice. But don't cover yourself with them. Yes scrumman I know what you mean about how it's hard to tell how things are ment when you read them as typed instead of face-to-face conversation. I think the facial expression is where the smilies come in. ;D

Barb good luck on the new tank. ;D

Kristin

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I know this is off the subject, but i am amazed at my gold ram that is STILL alive in my brackish tank with a high ph- he was so mean i tried to do him in but he won't let me!
 oh this is also off thee subject, but i went to gatlinburg aquarium a couple weeks ago and you would not BELIEVE some of the fish there sold at regular petstores that were over 3 feet long. it was crazy. there were pacus that were 3 feet long, some plecos, some bristlenose catfish, a reed tailed shark and an arrowana. if i were thrown into that tank i would be eaten! and they aree all sold at pet stores. scary.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Kristen there's nothing that's off the subject here. That's what this is for, to keep unrelated fish messages off of fish related threads. ;D Yes I've heard about the Gatlinberg aquarium and it sounds neat. We go there sometimes I'll have to check it out. ;D

I want to get my tatoo on my lower back. That way no one has to see it unless I want them to.

I want to go back to The Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans. I've been twice. It's really great. There are different areas that show different fish habitats. There was an amazon section with open top tanks with familiar faces such as angels, hatchet fish, and pacus. They also had plants and macaws in the room with the tanks. There was another huge tank that was supposed to simulate the habitat created by oil rigs. It had the poles/legs that would be supporting the rigs that were covered in corals and other invertebrates. There were sharks and other fish that would be found in the habitat.

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I agree Kristin the Gatlinberg aquarium is awesome! Probably the best I've been too!:)

Yep I have 2 tatoos. 1 is a simple little butterfly on my shoulder, the other is a freaky(yet awesome) sun on my lower back.Both are small, I don't like the walking wall painting look. Anybody have any piercings? I have a nose ring, brow ring, and belly button ring.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
How old are you babe ??? I want to get something peirced but not sure what. Not my ear, belly button, eye brow, nipple or genitals. That leaves my tongue and that's just a little funny if you know what I mean. Even though I want one just for certain reasons. ;D Don't ask if you don't get it. :D How many horses do you have babe? :)

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yeah we have 3 brood mares and only 2 ended up with live babies. One had a 2 month premie. :'( Very sad. I live in Kentucky where all of those foals died. We don't know what caused her to drop it so early.

I'm gonna get my tattoo next weekend! Yeah. I have decided to do it. It's a chinese chartacter meaning dragon on my lower back right above my butt. It's gonna be cool. I can't wait. No one knows except me. ;D

My girlfriend wants me to get my tongue peirced. For certain reasons you know. ;D I don't want to though. What do you guys think? 8)

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I heard about all those foals dieing in KY. None of that going on around here. One of my mares had her foal last night, StarDancer is the daddy ;D. hehehehehehe! I've had my tatoos and peircings since I was 16 my mom just found out last year. hehehehehe! ummmmmmmm.....yeah I think I get it.LOL I say if you don't want to get it peirced then dont.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
How did she not find out until now ??? I wish I could keep mine from my mom for that long. ;D I will try to keep it hidden for as long as I can. That won't be long though. ;D

When I said I didn't want to get my tongue peirced I ment to say that I didn't KNOW if I wanted to get it done. I think I will. It's just the pain thing I'm worried about. I've never gotten anything peirced so I don't know what that's like. My cousin has her belly button done and she almost passed out after ward. I just don't know. I want to so I can scare little kids too! ;D I will just wear it when I want it. I'm glad you get it. ;D

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Well its a long story, but basically my mom is one of these EXTREMELY proper women. She belives girls should never wear pants or ride horses etc etc. So whenever I she would come over to the farm, I would simply take out my nose ring and brow ring and wear cloths that covered the rest. LOL! Then one day she just dropped by the farm, LOL! 25 and still getting b@tched out by my mom. The worst peircing for me was the brow, that REALLY REALLY hurt! hehehehehe! I freak little kids out. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yes that's how my grandparents are. And not just for women. I know what your talking about. If they knew I was getting a tattoo they would just freak! How did she react? I bet she was pissed huh? ;D But you got them when you were 16 didn't you? Have you lived away a long time? Just wondering.

I bet the eye brow did hurt! ;D I have the idea that when you bite your tongue it hurts so why wouldn't this? 3 of my freinds have theirs done and they say it doesn't hurt at all like you think it will. I just have trouble beleiving it! :D I will probably be drunk anyways so it'll probably happen! ;D I will let you know next monday or sunday how it turns out. That tongue ring won't be as hard to hide as my tattoo. I don't even know if I'll get the peircing though. I probably will when I don't know about it. ;D I can't wait to see the reactions at church! That'll be fun. All of my grandparents go to the same church as us so they will get to see it! ;D

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I moved out when I was 12, mom wanted to send me to boarding school. aacckkkk!!!!!!!!!! So I went to live with my grandfather at the farm, smartest move I ever made. LOL!!!!!!!!! my mom and I never got along anyway, so she will not be seen in public with me now. LOL If your drunk you probably won't know to much about it, so it may not hurt that much. I would think tounge would have to hurt, best place to get a tatoo is on your shoulder doesn't hurt much at all. Lower back isn't too bad. hehehehehehehe!

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yes being drunk has it's advantages! ;D I don't know about the shoulder it's to easy to see. I want it kinda hidden for a while! I don't mean to offend anyone here but your mom sounds like a real horrible person. I know that sounds bad but mine is too so I know what it's like. Sending your child to boarding school! I couldn't do that. I know she thinks she's doing the best for you but I don't think that's very good. Just my opinion. I don't mean to offend you. If I did I'm sorry! ;D

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I don't think your tattooist will pierce you if your drunk, unless he's an arsehole. It's against the law here for drunk people under 18 to get anything done.
(your cousin passed out from a navel piercing!!!:D)I'm sure babe will agree that thats the least painful body piercing, kinda like having your ears peirced :)
My brothers tongue bled for a bit, and you can't eat for a while, but other than that the pain isn't supposed to be that bad :) Oh, you mentioned taking it out when you wanted to....you shouldn't, your tonuge will heal faster than you think...and it's real hard to get it back in. When my brother wants something different on his bar, i have to do it for him because it's so tight and very awkward to do yourself, so think about who can help you before you take it out if you want it a secret ;) I'm lucky when it comes to peircings and tattoos, my mum has tatts, piercings and has been branded (don't ask why, my brother has it too and it's damn stupid) She takes me down to try and coax me into getting them! I haven't found the right kitten yet...

Ryan, your a guy, don't get it near your butt!!! I guess thats the best place for you to hide it, but not very manly in my opinion. I think the outside of your shoulder, bicep and chest are the sexiest places for a guy. The more muscle/flab on the area the less painful, so lower back, unless your a big person, would hurt quite a bit :( Thats where i intend to get my tribal, i'm gonna have to hold someones hand i think! an hour and a half of the needle...:-[
All i'm saying is don't just get it for the sake of getting it, coverup jobs don't look that great. :-*

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Okay kitten you have brought a new light into my life! I will reconsider getting it there! The more I think about it it's not a very manly place is it! ;D Thanks for the warning. I think if I'm gonna get it I might as well let people see it! I like the shoulder idea. No bicep or chest I don't have a lot of muscle there. I like the shoulder. That's were I'm gonna get it. I don't care if my mom sees it now! I really don't. Well when I get it done I'm gonna be with my cousin and he'll tell them I want it. I'll just sign a peice of paper and it'll be fine! ;D

I really don't know about the tongue though. I want it but then I don't want the pain. I'm just gonna get that peirced with my tattoo! That's what I wanna be drunk for! Haha. I don't mind needles. What all do you have peirced kitten? And your mom and brother? What do they have done? ;D

Lynn

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I'm with Kitten, bicep is a good place. IMO no place to tatoo hurts more than the ankle. Now that was pretty bad, even worse to have that one removed. Nah, ya didn't offend me, its the truth.LOL! :)

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
ankle...ouch  :-[ I don't think i'd get it done there ever...not on any bone...pain is not my friend.

Ryan...well, my brother is a freak basically. He freepierces himself all the time, he's done his throat (he took it out from infection) the skin between his thumb and finger (torn out by our dog) he's done his fingernails a fair bit, but he takes tham out for work, he has 7 earings in his left ear and 5 in his right (all done by his own needle) his nipple (done by his freaky friend) his tongue...he wants his eyebrow done, but his boss said he'd rip it out. He has two tattoos, a circular scorpio sign on his right shoulder blade, and curved around it is a black scorpian. He also has a branding on his left bicep, i'm not really sure what it is, but its all scared up and d@mn ugly.

My mum...well, she's a freak too. peirced nipple, navel and another that i'd rather not mention. Her tattoos are:
a triple rose (purple) on her right shoulder thats been redone three times to remove a name and then two touch ups. It looks nice now :)
a purple rose with trible on her ankle.
a purple hybiscus flower on her bikini line, a cover up of a heart with a name in it.
a butterfly on her butt...then later added another rose under the butterfly...then an anarchy A sign inbetween them, the A was for andrew, but having learnt about names she decided to have that. (lucky coz the broke up not long ago)
and her branding, some kind of tribal flower under her navel, i don't like to look at it.

As for me...i had my navel done when i was 16, it got infected, i had a needle :( and he told me to take it out. The scar tissue is soft enough to have it done again. And this time it'll only cost 30$ instead of 80$ coz i already have the bar. I'm not going to rush into getting a tatt just coz i can :-* :) ;) :p

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Kitten that's rough! What a brother! Hehe. I couldn't do all of that to myself. And your mom! Wow what a selection. I don't see how women do that un-mentionable peircing! Rough. I don't exactly know how that would fell but I don't think it would fell great. ;D I like your family. As freinds of course. I don't know about them as my family...... ;D j/k I would actually like it.

Babe glad to hear I didn't offend you. ;D My parents are that way kinda. They don't beleive that people should get anything peirced except for girls and their ears. And they don't beleive in tattoos or that people should cuss or drink or smoke. I defy all of their rules. I am not the favorite child! ;D